To the police officers on the site

jessecwalters

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where are these dirty cops??? I know tons of police, and haven't had bad experiences with any of them.... I only get their attention when I did something wrong, and usually because I keep a level head and am honest about it I have been able to walk away most times with a warning... and where I am coming from is a very checkered past, so I have learned the HARD way not to screw around with the dudes with badges and guns..... just be honest and follow the rules and everyone walks away equally innocent...

see post 325

at least that dude has balls enough to sign his neg rep.... I'd give you rep for that but it would kinda defeat the purpose of me being pissed at you for giving me neg rep.... HA HA HA!! 00020337.gif

I can't say I'm happy when I see them in the rearview, but I'm glad they are out there !!

I have had alot of luck being respectfull and owning up to my antics. Shit I get let off more than I get hemmed up !

If I can be polite and respectfull and at some point make them laugh, I'm golden.

But, if I get attitude first then, I WILL NOT SHUT UP AND YOU WILL HAVE TO ARREST ME !

Respect is something you earn, not demand ! They got my respect when they pull me over ! They have earned that !! If they choose to give me the same respect, will determin how it plays out ! Could be a ticket and or warning and I'm fine and not upset about it. Or it coud be a wrestling match and a bailbondsman ??? No tellin ??

at least that dude has balls enough to sign his neg rep.... I'd give you rep for that but it would kinda defeat the purpose of me being pissed at you for giving me neg rep.... HA HA HA!! 00020337.gif

noone sign the negative..pisses me off more than anything..gave ya some green to balance ya out :D

I've had exactly two good cop experiences.

1) Delaware - the cop came in and asked us to move our bikes before he towed them. Some of you may define that as common courtesy (I agree), but considering past experiences I was pretty floored we were actually given an opportunity to move them.

2) Bike Week in Mansfield about 4 years ago - Cop let me off with a warning doing "75 in a 35" - which has also been my worst speeding offense and only offense on a motorcycle. The situation was, I did a quick accel and let off up a hill on a country road traveling into the city. It was dark, no one was around. The 0-75 was about 4 seconds, then I let off and slowed to the speed limit. The cop followed me for a whole mile before he had to blip the siren (I didn't notice he had been following, or if he had the red/blues on). I found out later he was sitting in the church parking lot at the 4 way stop I turned left from - lights off, car completely dark. So, I had completely forgotten about the quick accel a mile ago and was completely honest when I said I didn't know why I'd been stopped. I'm sure it came off like I was being a dick, but I was being completely honest. I didn't have my insurance card or registration with me (it must've fallen out of the crack in the back of my rear fairing on the old Hurricane, though it was legally registered and insured), but he let me off. Told me he understood it was bike week and people were having fun, but he's seen too many accidents (which is why he quit riding himself).

It probably helped I had a lady-friend with me.

Other than that, I've had run ins with cops who must've all been having bad days, because I'm nothing with polite and cordial (Yes sir, no sir) when dealing with officers and many of them still act like authoritarian pricks who really don't know the law, nor do they understand the lives of the "common man" since they seem to live above it.

I don't have disdain for cops in general, just the few cops that I've encountered that don't use a little common sense or intelligence to assess situations - just weilding the power they have because they can.

I can't say I'm happy when I see them in the rearview, but I'm glad they are out there !!

I have had alot of luck being respectfull and owning up to my antics. Shit I get let off more than I get hemmed up !

If I can be polite and respectfull and at some point make them laugh, I'm golden.

But, if I get attitude first then, I WILL NOT SHUT UP AND YOU WILL HAVE TO ARREST ME !

Respect is something you earn, not demand ! They got my respect when they pull me over ! They have earned that !! If they choose to give me the same respect, will determin how it plays out ! Could be a ticket and or warning and I'm fine and not upset about it. Or it coud be a wrestling match and a bailbondsman ??? No tellin ??

truer words have yet to be spoken.... I've been there... nothing worse then a clermont county sherriff who has just had his fill of domestic disputes and decides to take his frustrations out on some poor idiot that was speeding out 32......

I don't have disdain for cops in general, just the few cops that I've encountered that don't use a little common sense or intelligence to assess situations - just weilding the power they have because they can.

excellently stated sir!

And for Max.....I changed my sig, is that better? It's meant to be funny.

No, it still screams, "Hey guys, hey guys, I'm a COP!!!"

Well enjoy. You can talk about me now. Mods, please deactivate this account.....I won't be using it any more.

:cry::cry::cry:Bubye, thanks for playing. :violin:

Remember them, and think to yourself.....is that VMX. You'll never know. I hear that towing a bike is kind of cool to watch. Hope your plastics makes it.

thanks for that. It will help prove harassment in court.;)

for those keeping score

bdruggan10r +1 beer

Max power +1 beer

R1_MP +1 beer

vm12c +1 glass of warm urine

These units are redeemable and are not virtual beers or urine. So next time I see you guys out let me know

Great, thanks alot guys! Now the first time I get pulled over on the bike for doing 12 over the speed limit or something silly it's going to be VMX12c and he's going to freakin tow my bike just because I'll be the one to reap what you gentlement have sown.

:lol:

Great, thanks alot guys! Now the first time I get pulled over on the bike for doing 12 over the speed limit or something silly it's going to be VMX12c and he's going to freakin tow my bike just because I'll be the one to reap what you gentlement have sown.

:lol:

ah.... just show some leg and bat those pretty eyes a bit and you'll get out of whatever situation you'd get into.... :D;)