And the winners are.....

Casper

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With our team being predominantly cruisers, and this being our first crack at this scavenger hunt thing, I think we did great! Next year we'll all be a little better prepared... Everybody got gas? :D

then you simply change it to 2cool2bslo :D:D

problem solved

Theres you new screen name: Strictly Street.

Strictly Street, hmm... not bad, descriptive, covers anything I would ride and prolly some I wouldn't (200 mph! You have to be kidding!!!! Crazy but not insane!) neat, clean and to the point.

Max Power, I think your onto something here. It sure beats the alphabet soup I'm using now.

I think I'll message Casper about this.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious to me!

Strictly Street, hmm... not bad, descriptive, covers anything I would ride and prolly some I wouldn't (200 mph! You have to be kidding!!!! Crazy but not insane!) neat, clean and to the point.

Max Power, I think your onto something here. It sure beats the alphabet soup I'm using now.

I think I'll message Casper about this.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious to me!

Helping people; its what I do.:D

i know we had more points then what you got but definitely not enough for 1st place so it really doesn't matter since there is only a 1st place prize lol. Congrats team 6!!!

It was nice meeting you dallas:cheers:

With our team being predominantly cruisers, and this being our first crack at this scavenger hunt thing, I think we did great! Next year we'll all be a little better prepared... Everybody got gas? :D

I had gas at the beginning of the day, I just wasn't counting on my reserve not working, b/c I'd never run it that low before. And I don't have a 20 gallon tank like you! but thanks for lending me some of your vast supply ;)

I was shocked, even after giving you a gatorade bottle worth of gas and putting 100 miles on that tank, when I stopped on the way home for gas in Gahanna, I could only put 2 gallons it! 50 mpg FTMFW!

Perhaps next year I'll have something a bit faster. Over the years since I was last on 2 wheels bikes have gotten so much faster for their size. (cc's)

Even a 600 sport bike would just eat mine up after the first couple of gears. Off the line is one thing, I-670 is another.

I didn't think I would have any trouble keeping up on a 550, but I was pushing it a few times. On 670 I even had it wide open for a mile or two. "Thats all there is, and there ain't no more".

Everybody rode closer than I am used to. I left extra room for emergency maneuvers out of habit. Ohio roads being what they are it didn't seem like it was needed for pothole dodging. Old habits die hard.

I noticed you weren't having any troubles either on your cruiser. Love the paint BTW.

Next year!

Perhaps next year I'll have something a bit faster. Over the years since I was last on 2 wheels bikes have gotten so much faster for their size. (cc's)

Even a 600 sport bike would just eat mine up after the first couple of gears. Off the line is one thing, I-670 is another.

I didn't think I would have any trouble keeping up on a 550, but I was pushing it a few times. On 670 I even had it wide open for a mile or two. "Thats all there is, and there ain't no more".

Everybody rode closer than I am used to. I left extra room for emergency maneuvers out of habit. Ohio roads being what they are it didn't seem like it was needed for pothole dodging. Old habits die hard.

I noticed you weren't having any troubles either on your cruiser. Love the paint BTW.

Next year!

Let me know if you need some paint work, I'll put you in touch with my uncle... He did mine, and pretty reasonable price, too! When we were running up 71, I was exploring the aerodynamic limits of my current choice in motorcycle. :rolleyes: When it comes to group riding, there were a couple of times we were a little closer than I liked, but it wasn't too bad. FWIW, when riding in a group, I like to see a staggered formation, 2 seconds gap left to right, with the lead bike on the left side of the lane. This way, there are 2 seconds between every bike, and 4 seconds / half lane. There at the end though coming down 71 from polaris, I was impressed at everyone passing the word back about that enormous garbage bag full of crap in the lane. I shudder to think what could have happened if one of us hit that thing.

I was just tickled that every participant I saw was wearing a helmet. Helmet laws be damned! We'll wear 'em anyway!

FWIW, when riding in a group, I like to see a staggered formation, 2 seconds gap left to right, with the lead bike on the left side of the lane. This way, there are 2 seconds between every bike, and 4 seconds / half lane.

Kinda like carving corners, don't worry about where you are, worry about where you are going to be!

There at the end though coming down 71 from polaris, I was impressed at everyone passing the word back about that enormous garbage bag full of crap in the lane. I shudder to think what could have happened if one of us hit that thing.

I was just tickled that every participant I saw was wearing a helmet. Helmet laws be damned! We'll wear 'em anyway!

That was interesting. How everyone handled it was different but by then we had a basic hand signal thing going. I knew right away that there was some damn thing in the road.

Long before I could see it. I had enough time to slow down, get the car behind me to slow down, make sure they really did slow down enough, plan for if they didn't slow down........ then I saw the bag of trash in the road.

Not bad for a few guys on their first ride together. Not bad at all.

On my Magna I was only at 6500 RPM at 100MPH. I could have went much faster but wind resistance is hellish.

I sure am glad you were there! I didn't feel so bad not wanting to go 130+ mph like Trapper! :) That was crazy how fast we were going...a lot faster than I've ever been! haha It was fun though! All I kept thinking was that we were going to get pulled over and all I had was a permit! Annnnddd I didn't slow down to 45 after seeing that cop haha :)

I bet you're like me.....never pulled over so fast on a highway and out so fast...while cars fly by going 80... sooooo close to you! haha

I could have sworn you added up more points though! :)

I sure am glad you were there! I didn't feel so bad not wanting to go 130+ mph like Trapper! :) That was crazy how fast we were going...a lot faster than I've ever been! haha It was fun though! All I kept thinking was that we were going to get pulled over and all I had was a permit! Annnnddd I didn't slow down to 45 after seeing that cop haha :)

I bet you're like me.....never pulled over so fast on a highway and out so fast...while cars fly by going 80... sooooo close to you! haha

I could have sworn you added up more points though! :)

I've only been faster than that in the cage. I've gotten a ticket for going 90 once. If it makes you feel better, I only had my permit also.

I think I added up more also, but it still wouldn't have been enough to win. Ah well, we had fun either way.

Get my brakes fixed? My brakes work just fine. I was able to do 90+ on the highway and pull off and stop in a split second. :) Both Scrappy and I almost ran into you though when you slowed down to like 45 on the darn highway you jerk! Besides, you should have been able to read my mind to know when I was going to stop suddenly.

I thought I was a gonner too! It was all good! I never thought I could stop so fast on a highway!

I thought I was a gonner too! It was all good! I never thought I could stop so fast on a highway!

you would be surprised i put my gf on my seat a few times we had to stop so quickly on saturday. prob with that was there was no room for me or my nuts so they relocated themselves in my throat :o

I forgot the screen names of two of the members of team 8 but here are the ones I know:

EvilTwin

Looney

Ziggy

RiceBurner

1980Z550LT

One of our team members isn't a member on here... I know I know what a puss..umm kitty!;)

Edited by RiceBurner