Holy crap that could've been real bad.

JohnnyR6

ok, went to get my tags switched over from the scooter i sold a few weeks back to the new R6 , no ploblems, stopped down at the dealer to 1) pick up some bike wash and plastic polish, 2) check to see if my Hotbodies undertail came in yet and 3) have someone ride my bike and see if they Know where the funny ticking noise is coming from. well the service tech got on my bike and said what's going on here referring to my right clip on having alot of play in it (i honestly hadn't noticed) yeah, the bolt that holds it to the fork was MISSING!!!!!:eek: i've only had this bike since may 13th. obviously it wouldn't come off without removing the triple tree , but still that's a little unnerving seeing how i put 100 miles on it the day before. But that wasn't the ticking i was hearing. guess i should check EVERYTHING every time i ride.

You bought a hotbodies undertail at the dealer? Have you ever heard of eBay?

I think what V4 means is "I'm glad everything turned out OK and that nothing bad happened" ... no, nevermind... :D

You bought a hotbodies undertail at the dealer? Have you ever heard of eBay?

i checked ebay and a ton of other sites, the cheapest i found it for was $194 vs. the $230 that the Hotbodies site wanted. the dealer matched the $194, plus my wife paid for it as a Fathers Day gift:D

Pre ride check is a must, even on new bikes.

Especially on new bikes! Almost everyone I know that's bought new in the past 2 years has lost at least 1 bolt in the first 500 miles from something important!

if you start hearing ticking from the engine later on down the line, thats normal.

by the way r6central.com check it out. lots of good info there.

Don't know about the Yamaha's but these Kaw's make a ticking noise from day 1. Usually it's the lifters and it's completely norm on the Kaw.. It's prob nothing to worry about.

i checked ebay and a ton of other sites, the cheapest i found it for was $194 vs. the $230 that the Hotbodies site wanted. the dealer matched the $194, plus my wife paid for it as a Fathers Day gift:D

Matched price < delivered to your door

Oh yeah, glad you're ok :D

Matched price < delivered to your door

Oh yeah, glad you're ok :D

the dealer is like 3-4 miles from my house. good excuse to ride my bike down there. and no shipping charge.but she had to pay tax, which i wouldn't have if i'd have ordered it. either way, i'll be glad to get the Klingon warship of a fender off my bike.:cool: