Yep, just a Vette'

RSVDon

so your saying a 8 sec vett is a daily driver? I know a lot of ppl sweat vetts but seriously you think hes it driving all the time? And you think that power glide comes off the shelf able to hold that much power? Internet is funny I forgot how much fun this is!!

That's so full of ignorance and arrogance I had a hard time fitting it all in those little quote tags

Is it a STOCK powerglide, no. But it's a legit own trans, he's not running a Lenco or Jeherico or some fancy race trans. Do I think he drives it 20,000 miles a year no. But I know several 9.80 and 9.70 cars, two running TH400's one running a 'glide that drive their cars every weekend and several days during the week weather permitting. They also drive to the track and back, no trailer queens. With forced induction making big power is easy. But you knew that.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's so full of ignorance and arrogance I had a hard time fitting it all in those little quote tags

Is it a STOCK powerglide, no. But it's a legit own trans, he's not running a Lenco or Jeherico or some fancy race trans. Do I think he drives it 20,000 miles a year no. But I know several 9.80 and 9.70 cars, two running TH400's one running a 'glide that drive their cars every weekend and several days during the week weather permitting. They also drive to the track and back, no trailer queens. With forced induction making big power is easy. But you knew that.

pics or it doesnt happen :D

Whoa turbo!?! 9.70 is a big jump from 8.88 . relax its only the internet.And I would never doubt a pro racer of many years like yourself.........Does brain tune for you to?:confused:

Plus you are a smart guy you know that a little money in that "glide" and its just as good as a fancy race tranny.........less adjustable clutch plates, lock up adjustments. Hillbilly huge power rules!!

Local guy daily drives his 3rd gen Trans-Am.

It's a built 383 stroker. Lots of goodies. Set up for 300 shot of nitrous with a built TH400, full cage, etc. It goes 10 flat on the 100 shot. Don't tell me you can't daily a super fast car. If that Vette had more than two gears it could be easily daily'd.

Whoa turbo!?! 9.70 is a big jump from 8.88 . relax its only the internet. And I would never doubt a pro racer of many years like yourself
not pro but I did build my first 10 second small block at 15 and made my first pass down a drag strip at 14 in my old mans vette if you need some credentials
.........Does brain tune for you to?:confused:
Nope just met the guy for the first time a few weeks ago, Someone in Cleveland did my T/A the first time and after that I started doing it myself
Plus you are a smart guy you know that a little money in that "glide" and its just as good as a fancy race tranny.........less adjustable clutch plates, lock up adjustments. Hillbilly huge power rules!!
and your an arrogant idiot.

The powerglide has been a staple of racing for decades. I'm not gonna argue with a Neanderthal over the internet. it's obvious that you build 5 and 6 second cars on a regular basis and I'm obviously out classed. Your so right, there is NO FUCKING WAY that car has ever seen the street. nothing more than dyno rollers, trailer floors and race tracks. forgive me.

206878.jpg9second+Mach1

Craigs Twin Turbo 9.90 Mach I that is street driven. He is co-owner of Street-Leathal Performance just across the boarder in PA, along with Terry another friend of mine that I've known for many years. That car has and had at the time the stock crank, forged rods and pistons, stock cams, stock heads, intake and computer.

[edit] that was last year on the F1 S/C it's TT this year putting down over 160 more RWHP

Just because you haven't built it doesn't mean it doesn't exist, I'll look for a vid of the 8.50 GN that rolls around here that is 1) street driven and 2) a V6, but thats even more impossible than a street driven 8 second car huh. I know the guy that owns it hes in the club but the site is down so I can't pull any vids, and quite frankly your such a duche I really don't feel the need to prove anything to you.

Speaking of Hill billy power this should get your goat, theres an 8 second AMC Gremlin that rolls around with the Mach I guy, and some of the other locals that drives from akron, to Quaker and back. Running mid/high 8's. but I'm full of shit there too.

Edited by Dweezel

Wow!! ouch your ruff. sorry ,I forgot how much fun the internet really is ........

Sorry I'm just a dumb ol farmer. You should try some pills to relax a little I wasn't trying to get your panties in a bunch,I forgot drag racing ego's are crazy bad. I'm sure everything in your post in on time and to a "T" I didn't read all of it I don't really care I just don't want you to be pissed for no reason. Again sorry to upset you. I didn't think it would start personal attacks.:)

Edited by Angrish

^-- that is baller, but for the cost - there are a lot better combination to get those ETs. But, mad props for being different and cool. There's a ton of guys that do that swap - I've seen that powertrain in Buick Opels, Chevy Vegas, and a Gremlin once.

Can I get another Buick V6 FTMFW!? Woot!

^-- that is baller, but for the cost - there are a lot better combination to get those ETs. But, mad props for being different and cool. There's a ton of guys that do that swap - I've seen that powertrain in Buick Opels, Chevy Vegas, and a Gremlin once.

Can I get another Buick V6 FTMFW!? Woot!

Funny you should mention that, This kid Kevin has a GN engine in a Vega :lol: nothing serious, high 10's low 11's

High 10s is plenty respectable in a budget hot rod/street machine. It's 9s that get into the medium-high $$$$ range on a street/strip machine, all factors considered.

8s and 9s in a tube chassis car, thats not that expensive. You could run a S/C dragster all day long with an investment < $10k.

eh, not really around here. If you even wanted to think about coming out to the races bare min was 10.50's. high 9's was the norm and on the crazy nights you'd get the low 9, high 8 second cars out. As lame as this town is I've never seen a street racing scene like we used to have here and I've lived in Pittsburgh, Philly, and been to NYC when I lived there to watch them go. Some guys on bikes were racing and the guy on the right turned into the early turn around in front of the guy on the left, got t boned at about 100mph. that was that. Ended the racing from that second on. That was a mid afternoon race. had nothing to do with us, we ran that shit like a drag strip, no one stood in front of the cars, one way in and no traffic. Hell we even had a portable tree we set up :lol:

I know very little of the 'street racing' side. I grew up around dragstrips, so I've only known sanctioned events.

I went to one street race in Flint, MI to spectate, and we were chased out by the cops after 6 or 7 runs, and none of the cars were that impressive - maybe mid 10s at best. It was all Detroit iron though, no rice posers.