Yep, just a Vette'

RSVDon

same here, there was some Busher Evo i think it was from cleveland that came down that was built to the hilt that could run with the big boys but I'd hate to ask what he had in it. Lots of Akron Horse Power guys used to come down too, they mainly ran 'Stangs.

I grew up at Quaker City Raceway, my old man still lives about 5 min from the track but this just came around and all the guys I ran around with went so I started going. the thing that got me was how tightly it was run. Safety was always first and I know it's never perfect on the street and not as safe as at the strip, but we made every effort.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are many many busher cars in my area..owner used to have a stake in ri mand trim here in medina.actually many kids guys i went to high school with have some monster busher turbos etc. akron is the king for street racers, thats like a known fact. today you are seeing more ricers than anything.isnt norwalk here soon jrmii?

I've already ran out there once this year. Lost 3rd round by .02 MOV to a guy on an older drag bike. He was a second quicker (9.50s), but we both ran the same trap speeds - so I got the headstart, but we basically ran side-by-side from half-track on. I got hosed beacuse I cut a shitty .120 light and he had a .070 so he had .050 in the bag right off the start.

Buscher (sp?) used to sponsor a class for the Wed night races at the track. I drive by their operations on Rt 20 when I head out to Norwalk. It's just a small pole barn with a bunch of hopped up Evos, Subis and Talons parked out front. I've never been in the place, but I've seen some of their cars on the track - I don't recall any of them running in the 9s.