US Customs is Trying to Ban most knives! Please Read

Tomcat0403

This may not be a firearms thread, but close enough...I have seen two emails in the past two days, one from the NRA and the other from the owner of the knife shop that I frequent and buy from. This is very serious and would appreciate everyone read the information that I pass along. I carry a knife everywhere I go, and this law would make nearly every knife that can be opened one-handed Illegal, which is damn near EVERY knife!

Here is the Email that Brian (owner of Rivers Edge Cutlery), please take a second to read it and pass it along to other people, and also contacting your representative or senator would be nice too.

jpeg

Hello Everyone, I am writing you to inform you that your knife rights are in

serious danger due to a bill that is being put to a vote with congress

by the US Customs and Border Patrol. They are looking to include a more

broad definition on the Federal Switchblade Act. This would make

anything from Multi-Tools, Swiss Army Knives, Assisted knives, to

anything you can open with one hand illegal. Now I don't know about most

people but I know I can open a standard buck 110 Folding Hunter with one

hand. This puts our industry in danger of a serious collapse. I am

including links to the Knife Rights website with some sample letters.

AKTI has similar letters directly linked from their homepage at

www.akti.org <http://www.akti.org/> . We need to write and Snail Mail

(emails are not allowed by Customs) these to Customs by June 21st. This

is the deadline for public comment and we definitely need your help on

this one. Don't let us all loose out because they think anybody who

carries a knife is a criminal or has criminal intent. Personally I have

been working in this industry for a long time and I am not about to sit

by and watch it go down in flames but we need your help. Please mail

these ASAP.

Here are the links to the Letters that would need to be

written and sent. The first link is the letter that we are sending to

The Customs and Border Patrol.

http://www.kniferights.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=79&

Itemid=29

The next link is the letter we are sending to our Congress people. It

does have to pass through the House and Senate so I would write both of

them. I plan on doing so often. Here is the sample letter for that one.

http://www.kniferights.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=78&

Itemid=29

Here is the link to find the correct person to be writing in congress

for you. Knife Rights has put together an easy link to find everything

you need on your congress people and how to communicate the point we are

trying to get across to them.

http://www.kniferights.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=77&

Itemid=29

If you need anything else from me let me know and I will be happy to

help. Thanks,

Brian Rivers Edge Cutlery 3935 Trueman Blvd.

Hilliard, OH 43026

jpeg

I'm guessing that you know this based on your time in the closet? :confused:

When it comes to folks like you, why does everything become a personal attack?

Ironic you lead with a personal attack disguised as a question, then proceed to chide me on personal attacks. Especially since I didn't personally attack anyone.

My "personal attack" wasn't any more personal than Max Power's "Obama Nazis" comment and you're not up in arms about that comment. Hypocritical much?

Ironic you lead with a personal attack disguised as a question, then proceed to chide me on personal attacks. Especially since I didn't personally attack anyone.

My "personal attack" wasn't any more personal than Max Power's "Obama Nazis" comment and you're not up in arms about that comment. Hypocritical much?

Jrmii is :fruit:

Thats a personal attack.

So, did you personally attack anyone, or didn't you? I mean, really, you can't have it both ways, can you?

I suppose that since you didn't "name names" it would be ok, right? If so, that makes Nate's comment ok also as he didn't call anyone out "personally".

If THAT's true, then I'm not being hypocritical at all.

WTF are you talking about?? You're talking in circles, but I'll answer your questions in the order they were received.

1) I did not personally attack anyone. Personal attacks are naming names, I blanket labeled a "group" with a somewhat accurate derogatory stereotype (there are a lot of Republicans and people claiming themselves to be 'conservative' that have been preaching God and the Bible and the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman that have had gay sex scandals come out - that is 100% truth.). I'm not "having it both ways".

2) Nate's comment (I assume Nate is max power, I don't know his real name) about Obama Nazi's wasn't personal... that was a blanket comment like mine. That's why they were similar. The latter comment that I was a :fruit:. THAT'S a personal attack, which he correctly identified and specifically applied to me.

So, where did you get lost? How can you not understand the difference between addressing an individual and addressing a collective?

WTF are you talking about?? You're talking in circles, but I'll answer your questions in the order they were received.

1) I did not personally attack anyone. Personal attacks are naming names, I blanket labeled a "group" with a somewhat accurate derogatory stereotype (there are a lot of Republicans and people claiming themselves to be 'conservative' that have been preaching God and the Bible and the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman that have had gay sex scandals come out - that is 100% truth.). I'm not "having it both ways".

2) Nate's comment (I assume Nate is max power, I don't know his real name) about Obama Nazi's wasn't personal... that was a blanket comment like mine. That's why they were similar. The latter comment that I was a :fruit:. THAT'S a personal attack, which he correctly identified and specifically applied to me.

So, where did you get lost? How can you not understand the difference between addressing an individual and addressing a collective?

You said it wasn't a personal attack, then you said it was. Seems to me you are the one that needs to make up his/her mind.

Nate/Max what's the difference? You got my point.

Now, go have another drink of the kool-aide before I confuse you with Swing'r.

well, not what i intended, and i thought people would care a bit more, but that is just me i guess.

Point being that this is no bullshit! I rarely if ever get an email from Brian (shop owner) and from what i have seen this is very serious. Just to put it in perspective there is no law in Ohio that i have been able to find limiting the carry of edged weapons openly. This means that the only thing that has to show is the clip of the knife in you pocket, no matter how large. I thought that i would at least see IP saying something...:cheers:

Here's an idea, how about if eveyone starts becoming less efficient with their knives and starts using two hands to open them. Even auto knives. Thus this all becomes moot. Once dead in the water, then viola, suddenly you can learn to open them one handed.