Clay Pigeon Range?

smashweights

Looking at buying my first shotgun and was hoping some of the Columbus crowd would know some good ranges to shoot clay pigeons at. Preferably a free one and semi close to grove city. The only one i've been to is down near lebanon at some state park and it was free. THANKS!

my parents house in hocking hills, lol

the only one i know of is one down that way, i'll need to do some research cause i forgot it's name but it is supposed to be really cool. Basically you walk a course and the traps are triggered or something like that. Hidden Hollow maybe the name or something like that...

Delaware State Park has an outdoor place to shoot pigeons. Like $5 for the whole time you're there. Good place for summer day fun. It's up 23 turn right on Rt. 226 I believe. It's like the last like outta Delaware before you head to Marion. Go left to bait shop to get pass...then go back across 23 to range. You can shoot pistol and high power, too.

delaware is at least an hour from grove city. i could probably drive down to the range in lebanon by then and that's free... i dont care about a managed trap/skeet range. the one i went to was just a designated shotgun area where you threw your own.

angrish, where you at? i still gotta get the gun first.

delaware is at least an hour from grove city. i could probably drive down to the range in lebanon by then and that's free... i dont care about a managed trap/skeet range. the one i went to was just a designated shotgun area where you threw your own.

angrish, where you at? i still gotta get the gun first.

Im in ashville,And maybe have a cheap shot gun ,I think it is a moss 500 with the gold trigger I'll have to look hit me up with a PM.

check out wolf creek.

i was planning to check out Deer Creek. it's probably the closest to grove city at about 30 mins and they have a permit-free shotgun range. Just picked up my shotty today too so I might go down there this weekend.

Edited by smashweights

i was planning to check out Deer Creek. it's probably the closest to grove city at about 30 mins and they have a permit-free shotgun range. Just picked up my shotty today too so I might go down there this weekend.

What did you pick up?

What did you pick up?

a Benelli Super Nova 12ga. haven't shot it yet, but seems to shoulder well and my eyesight lines up naturally with the sights. since i wasnt gonna get to shoot it today, i went ahead and disassembled it so i could atleast play with it.. weird how solid something can feel and yet how effortlessly it comes apart.

Ohio is a open carry state? If it were unloaded and had a trigger lock I would think you might be able to? I would check into it before trying it. I shot skeet for the first time a week or so ago, it is fun might have to go out again. I only got a 870 express might not be the best for trap shooting.

a Benelli Super Nova 12ga. haven't shot it yet, but seems to shoulder well and my eyesight lines up naturally with the sights. since i wasnt gonna get to shoot it today, i went ahead and disassembled it so i could atleast play with it.. weird how solid something can feel and yet how effortlessly it comes apart.

Nice choice.. I have been going back and forth about picking up another shotgun.

Ohio is a open carry state? If it were unloaded and had a trigger lock I would think you might be able to? I would check into it before trying it. I shot skeet for the first time a week or so ago, it is fun might have to go out again. I only got a 870 express might not be the best for trap shooting.

You should come out with me to Deer Creek sometime if that's anywhere near you. I need someone who can use a hand thrower for clays as my girlfriend is struggling a bit.

Nice choice.. I have been going back and forth about picking up another shotgun.

If you don't have a super nova, you should. It's amazing. Sights line up perfectly naturally for me and the ComforTech stock does an excellent job of reducing felt recoil. The Mossberg 500 I shot previously started to wear my shoulder after about 40 rounds. Put about 70 though the Benelli last weekend and I could have shot it all day (only stopped cause I ran out of ammo). Not to mention it seems damn accurate. Can't wait to go shooting again.

Edited by smashweights

My 2 cents on Shotguns and shooting clays...It doesn't matter as long it shoots comfortably and has the correct choke. I have Berretta Teckny's Vandalia 1 of 300 with a 32" skeet barrel. It shoots like a machine but i can drill the birds just as well with a Mossburg 500.