Man films death of friend....

The King

Tragic...but after watching the video I have to question the motives of the driver which the rider struck. What was he/she trying to do, pass the slower vehicle in front of them thusly impacting the rider? I'm not saying the rider was not at fault but I'd have to say that if that car had not made a move to the right to over take, the rider would have easily made it by without an incident.

Another reason why recording your riding is a bad idea. Something happens and you will get screwed by it. You're saying, I would like evidence against myself if something bad happens, so I would like to film my ride. :nono: I'll never use one.

Looks like the car was wanting to pass and he got over when the bike was. That or because since it didn't look like a passing zone, maybe the car was annoyed by the bikes and wanted to cut him off and then killed his ass. He won't get in trouble for that though.

Inya is totally correct about riding like no one can see you. I used to be annoyed by riders reving their bikes in traffic, I thought what squids. But I've come to do the same thing when I think people don't know I'm there. I'd rather them notice me and think I'm a hotdog than have them drive over top of me because they "didn't see me".

Looks like the car was wanting to pass and he got over when the bike was. That or because since it didn't look like a passing zone, maybe the car was annoyed by the bikes and wanted to cut him off and then killed his ass. He won't get in trouble for that though.

Good point....was the driver of the car the rider struck convicted of any charges? Video proof that he was performing a maneuver unsafe for the conditions given in turn striking the rider.

Remember boys and girls this is in the UK, road markings mean something entirely different over there.

diagonal-hatching.jpg

"Diagonal hatching - this is used to separate lanes of traffic and to protect vehicles waiting to turn off the road. If the are is bordered by a broken white line you can enter it, but only if it necessary and safe to do so: if it is bounded by a solid white line then you must not enter it except in an emergency. "

http://www.driving-test-success.com/road-lane-markings.htm

Someone find MR. BRET and get him on this... Can you pass inside a single lane of traffic?