Beginner race courses...

Likwid

I should have known this was going to happen... I want to hit up the track...

I know Mid-Ohio has a learning program but I'm not really into the whole "class" scene, I'd prefer someone lend me gear and a bike and let me go slow and learn for myself...

Any of you know of a program like this? On the cheap.... :) My neighbor has 2 sport bikes, (1 of them track ready) but I don't want to ask if I can borrow one of his ;)

Don't let the "class" part fool you. You sit and BS with the instructors, pick their brains a little bit, while the other groups are lapping - what else would you be doing during that time anyway? Take the "class" instruction along with getting into the novice group. Don't worry, you will be able to scoot around at your own pace (fast or slow) as long as you can demonstrate to the instructors you're safe and under control.

Learn on your own? You don't want to go out and learn the wrong way. You NEED to know the proper way to enter/exit the track, flags, and everything else about safety, for you, and the rest of the riders and track officials out there! That class will only take a few minutes of your time, then you go out in a controlled enviroment with other beginners and learn the ropes. No track will let a first timer go out and do what they want.

I know Mid-Ohio has a learning program but I'm not really into the whole "class" scene, I'd prefer someone lend me gear and a bike and let me go slow and learn for myself...

Any of you know of a program like this? On the cheap.... :) My neighbor has 2 sport bikes, (1 of them track ready) but I don't want to ask if I can borrow one of his ;)

I assume you are a new rider.......I will put a lil bit more miles under my belt before I hit the track.......just my 2 cents

how much is it to rent a suit and gloves ...ohh and boots

Dude you can buy your own suit used off of the WERA board cheaper than you can rent a suite! WERA has size 44 suits for like $100 - $250 from racers who need money! I bought my custom Kobe Suit. Kobe Gloves, and A-Stars GPX boots for $550 for the whole set!

Keith code's class at mid Ohio ? They rent the bikes suits and gear and if they still offer it there it's tits !! Ususaly goes on the day after the superbike races so you can do it all when you go to the races, just stay an extra day !!

I am 6'1" and have at least 6-7 suits, 3-4 pairs of size 10/11 boots, too many gloves to count... You can borrow whatever you need if you sign up for a Novice Day at Mid-Ohio or Bluegrass...

Novice classroom isn't like at school. It certainly isn't like Keith Code's school, either. It's basic and fundamental and you can get with guys that run the pace you are comfortable with. No pressure whatsoever...

You supply the helmet and bike and we can get you taken care of unless you don't fit into something I have then we have suits you can rent for something like $75 a day...

i say you do it man! Street riding will teach you many many bad habbits and the sooner you get to the track the better! Dont worry the classes are not like school. Its worth it for your first time. As far as leathers borrow some. But as for the bike IDK ,but they rent out 250ninjas at some of the track places? I wouldnt borrow a friends bike though.....