Good Deal or Not???

J_Copeland

Are they gonna provide a 1 year warentee from time of purchase or from time of inception? Either way, it's a Buell, not the greatest reputation in the circles I travel in.

Are they gonna provide a 1 year warentee from time of purchase or from time of inception? Either way, it's a Buell, not the greatest reputation in the circles I travel in

Oh,do you know someone with a Buell?

So,I'm guessing that's it's not a good deal.:(

Oh,do you know someone with a Buell?

So,I'm guessing that's it's not a good deal.:(

I know a guy who runs a HD dealership, three people on ADVrider who owned Buells and a mechanic who won't touch them. lol Just go on ADV rider and ask the general opionion of Buell bikes (usually the Uly is the bike being commented on).

I would want to have the warentee start from the time I buy the bike not the point in time when people started riding it. I might even ask for an extended warentee and maintance record.;)

You can get a hella nice bike for that much !

For a buell ?? I dunno ?

Hey Catman- Saw you arriving at QS & L Thursday as we were leaving..

The place was packed and I drve with my wife and daughter. Parking SUCKED.

Sorry to jack the thread .. carry on.

The Buell is somewhat unique but for the price you can also pick up a CBR1000RR 07 model.. if you like the looks etc.

Most of the bitching and complaints about Buell bikes have to do with the motor. Keep in mind guys, this is not a Harley motor in the 1125. This is the Rotax 1125cc V-twin, the same guys who build motors for Aprilia, KTM, etc. I've been hearing good things about that motor in this bike.

That being said, that bike was definitely ridden hard from the beginning. I'd be asking for a nice warranty.

They have to heavily mod them to get them to beat much closer to stock bikes at almost half the displacement. Different rarely means better. I say run very far away from this bike but if you really like it spend the extra money and get a non demo bike.

Different rarely means better.

I call bullshit. After riding Ducati, Aprilia, etc I have to say that having something other than a Japanese bike is very nice. I wanted something different, and now when I check out the newest offerings from Japan they are all the same in styling, power, braking, chassis, etc. And frankly, they are kinda boring.

Now if your definition of "better" is .002 seconds faster than every other bike on the track then whatever.

Honestly,I've owned Honda's in the past and they are nothing special.Just like alot of the other Jap bikes.

I like all bikes. However, if money is an issue than the Honda is priced right and reliable.

It sounds as if money is tight .. so the question would be .. if it breaks can you fix it or afford to pay someone else to?

If not and you can't get a warranty.. no matter how "different" ...run

if this was a demo from a harley dealer. it was not ridden very hard at all. IF you could tell which dealer its from. I know that when i did the demo on it they kept an eye on them very close which really sux. the breaking and handling on this machine is spectacular. with only 600 miles that nuthin. If you wanna be diff. then this is the bike you need.