MSF BRC: Wife and I completed this weekend!

SWing'R

Shout out to my wife (DiamoGirl) for successfully completing the MSF Basic Rider Course today!!

Congratulations honey, love ya, but now stay the hell away from my bike! :p

We both successfully completed the course today, I'm already fully licensed I just took it to take it

with her and hopefully get a little more off on insurance.

The course was fun, we both were riding dualsport bikes, and I gotta tell ya I really think I might like

to get a dualsport or dirtbike now too, the bike was really fun to ride, the whole time I just wanted to

take it and run up over the curb and bolt across the grass and hill but didn't think they'd really like that :rolleyes:

Before 8am yesterday morning the wife had never ever rode anything with gears or a clutch,

hell she never even drove a cage with a clutch and by 9am yesterday there she was riding a real motorcycle around! You go girl!

So now, after 12hrs of riding a real motorcycle she's thinking about upgrading the scooter to a real bike!

Lets see how long it takes RockStarHonda (our salesperson @ HNW) to sniff out this post :p

Here are the bikes we rode during the course, this is the one I rode, a Yamaha XT, I think its a 125cc...

MSF_BRC1.jpg

Here is the one she rode, a Yamaha TW200...

MSF_BRC2.jpg

Nice.. how'd the TW200 ride?

Like a fat kid trying to ride a leaf blower.... had the skinny knobby tires, I took it 30 through 3ft offset cones... thing handles great but man.... I'm glad I never bought a 250...

It also stops on a dime... seriously, made the entire course ridiculously easy with that size/style bike

I'll be interested to hear what swing'r and his wife thought of them from a handling perspective.

Like a fat kid trying to ride a leaf blower.... had the skinny knobby tires, I took it 30 through 3ft offset cones... thing handles great but man.... I'm glad I never bought a 250...

It also stops on a dime... seriously, made the entire course ridiculously easy with that size/style bike

I'll be interested to hear what swing'r and his wife thought of them from a handling perspective.

The wife doesn't really have anything to compare the TW200 to besides her scooter, but it had seriously thick tires!

I absolutely enjoyed the handling of the XT, it was light and very nimble, I was cruisin right thru most of my exercises

like a pro on that thing. I could so see myself offroading with that thing and really enjoying it!

Thanks everyone!!! I had a great time at the class and learned alot. I mean that was my first time on a regular motorcycle. I never even drove a stick shift car let alone a bike. Now I have to get a bike to practice what I have learned. I know for a fact that my husband won't let me ride his.

...Now I have to get a bike to practice what I have learned. I know for a fact that my husband won't let me ride his.

Not yet anyway, its still real purty :p

Shout out to my wife (DiamoGirl) for successfully completing the MSF Basic Rider Course today!!

Congratulations honey' date=' love ya, but now stay the hell away from my bike! :p

We both successfully completed the course today, I'm already fully licensed I just took it to take it

with her and hopefully get a little more off on insurance.

The course was fun, we both were riding dualsport bikes, and I gotta tell ya I really think I might like

to get a dualsport or dirtbike now too, the bike was really fun to ride, the whole time I just wanted to

take it and run up over the curb and bolt across the grass and hill but didn't think they'd really like that :rolleyes:

Before 8am yesterday morning the wife had never ever rode anything with gears or a clutch,

hell she never even drove a cage with a clutch and by 9am yesterday there she was riding a real motorcycle around! You go girl!

So now, after 12hrs of riding a real motorcycle she's thinking about upgrading the scooter to a real bike!

Lets see how long it takes RockStarHonda (our salesperson @ HNW) to sniff out this post :p

Here are the bikes we rode during the course, this is the one I rode, a Yamaha XT, I think its a 125cc...

Here is the one she rode, a Yamaha TW200...

[/quote']

Congradulation to your wife for taking the class and getting on a bike. FYI we give a $250 discount to anyone who has taken the MSF BRC within 6 months prior to purchasing a motorcycle from us. Not to mention this month we are giving a helmet and jacket with purchase of any Honda Rebal 250 purchase. Let me know if there are any other bike she is interested.

Edited by Casper
fixed quote