computer help

f4isvt

I have a dell desktop that I have repossesed from my brother in law. The computer was bought with my credit and he stopped making the payments on it so I took it back. The problem I have is he put a user password on the computer and I dont know how to get around it. I have tried removing the watch battery to no luck. Any ideas?

I have a dell desktop that I have repossesed from my brother in law. The computer was bought with my credit and he stopped making the payments on it so I took it back. The problem I have is he put a user password on the computer and I dont know how to get around it. I have tried removing the watch battery to no luck. Any ideas?

Do you have another PC to make a disc with?

I'll assume Windows password not bios password.

For windows password if you do not have the user or administrator password your only option (other than brute force cracking) is to remove the hard drive run it as a slave to another hard drive, boot to windows and format the slave.

Alternatively you can boot to a cdrom capable OS (like Ubunto) and format from there.

All this assumes you have a copy of windows to install.

I'll assume Windows password not bios password.

For windows password if you do not have the user or administrator password your only option (other than brute force cracking) is to remove the hard drive run it as a slave to another hard drive, boot to windows and format the slave.

Alternatively you can boot to a cdrom capable OS (like Ubunto) and format from there.

All this assumes you have a copy of windows to install.

Not all the way accurate.

I do have another comp to make a disk with. as far as what kind of password I am not sure it pops up with a user icon and is password protected. I am computer retarded.

Are you in the c-bus area?

I can unlock it for you but you would have to bring it to me.

Or you could just ask them what the password is...

Edited by Strictly Street

I might be able to bring it up there sometime soon

Your near Dayton so that would be a pretty long trip just to get this fixed.

If you don't have a lot of PC knowledge this would be kinda tough to talk you through it. I can be done without re-installing windows or wiping the drive.

I'm sure somebody in your area knows how to do it also. A PC shop for sure, but what that would cost I don't have a clue in your area.

I got it working using that above method but now I have a new problem and forgive me like I said computer retarded. How do i connect a home pc to the internet wirelessly. I have a linksys router and ethernet cable but what else do I have to do.