Help choosing a 600

Bigbird

Hey guys, sorry for what I'm sure is your billionth "help me choose a bike" thread. This summer I haven't even been riding my Interceptor due to some mechanical issues that I haven't bothered to fix due to me having my buddies Yamaha to ride.

So I've been riding around on this 2002 R6, so I know I'm going to be fine on a modern 600. I'm 6'1" and about 170lbs (depending on the day hahaha), I like this R6, but I feel like I'm kinda smushed on it. Like I'm riding all up at the front of the bike. I sat on a 2004 GSXR 600, and really liked the feel of it. The only bike I've been riding has been the R6 though. Ever since I looked at the GSXR, I've been leaning towards an '04+ one of those, but I've also got a soft spot for the 636 ZX6R's. I'll be looking to spend around $5k, but I'm willing to stretch that a lil bit for a good bike. So for a guy my size which 600 class bike do you guys recommend?

Thanks for your time guys/gals.

My only worry with a 636 is an issue with them shutting down at like 214 degrees that I've read about on a forum. One guy had to get his ECU replaced I think, another was going to have to replace the coil packs. I just don't want to get a bike and have it shut down on me ever ride because of some glitch from the factory :/ I do love the way they look though.

My only worry with a 636 is an issue with them shutting down at like 214 degrees that I've read about on a forum. One guy had to get his ECU replaced I think, another was going to have to replace the coil packs. I just don't want to get a bike and have it shut down on me ever ride because of some glitch from the factory :/ I do love the way they look though.

:wtf: i've never heard of that. my 636 ran hot but i never had it shut off

got just the bike for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=24279

Give Mike a call, he just take 5k for the bike.

Aside from giving my buddies bike a bump, picking a bike all comes down to what you are comfortable on. Especially for a guy your size, you don't want to listen to the jockies on the board about what bike you should be on.

Edited by nochknstrps

got just the bike for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=24279

Give Mike a call, he just take 5k for the bike.

Aside from giving my buddies bike a bump, picking a bike all comes down to what you are comfortable on. Especially for a guy your size, you don't want to listen to the jockies on the board about what bike you should be on.

Thanks for the heads up man, going to check it out tomorrow! Pretty clean bike?

If you want to come out to WV I have my white '03 CBR600RR for sale. $3,500. You can sit on it but unless you hand me the cash to hold no test ride.

I always found the Ninjas to feel too small width wise. But thats just me. I LOVE my CBRs though so i'm bias like the others.

Woooow did someone seriously neg rep me for this thread? Hahahaha get a life man, I just wanted to see what everyone thought given my size, and their personal opinons. Lol sorry your parents didn't love you enough and now you have to go be an internet bully:supergay:

honestly just try to ride each one and see which one you like the best. thats the only real answer IMO. there really is no "best" bike. its such a subjective term. whats good for me might not work for you.

Well pending the seller backing out, the end of the world, or something else ridiculous, I'm getting a 636 this weekend/early next week. So I actually AM a big boy! I can make a decision for myself! Awe doesn't it just make you all warm and fuzzy inside? Hahahaha sorry I just think it's hilarious someone negged me for this lol but whatever. So yeah I'm super excited to get riding on my own bike, I'll finally be coming out to some bike nights etc. I just haven't wanted to ride my buddies bike out since it's not mine and all.