7/3 Bolivar to SE OH

Tpoppa

I have Firday off, so I'm riding. In Bolivar by 9 leaving at 9:15. The pace wil be brisk, the roads will be twisty. The route will be SE OH and maybe cross into WV.

If the weather doesn't cooperate, I'll ride Sunday instead.

Unfortunately I'm going to say I'm not prepared for a "brisk" ride.... and while I'd love to go and say "don't wait for me" OR guys are too nice and you will....

Let me know if you get anyone else and it turns into a slower twisty run

Unfortunately I'm going to say I'm not prepared for a "brisk" ride.... and while I'd love to go and say "don't wait for me" OR guys are too nice and you will....

Let me know if you get anyone else and it turns into a slower twisty run

tony rarely likes to go slower... lately hes a twisty junkie!

lately? he's been a twisty junkie since like forever i think. that's why they call him the street motogp fantasy

I thought that was because I slowed it down to ride through the park with some newbs.

I'm about 80% on making this ride right now. Are you starting from Bolivar or riding to it? I would be riding about 71 miles from Elyria to Strasburg and then about 7 miles to Bolivar where would you be starting from?

I took all the bags off of my bike this weekend and my parents are taking me out for my birthday Thursday night. I need to but my bags back on and don't know how late we are going to be out Thursday. I will need to be leaving about 7:30 AM Friday morning to make your meeting place and time. This is why I'm only 80%. If I get my bags back on Thursday morning and I make it home by 11:00 PM from dinner I'll be ready to go.

How deep into WV will you be going? I would like to put WV maps into my GPS. If a brisk pace excludes cruisers does it exclude 600s?

I seem to remember seeing somewhere that you plan gas stops at around 120 miles. That would be fine if riding the highway with plenty of gas stations because I run out of gas at 130 miles. Riding a brisk pace and being on back roads with gas stations farther apart I would need to look for gas at about 90 to 100 miles. I only mention this because some people have a 200 mile tank range and it's a pain in the ass to stop for people as often as I need to. I won't be offended if you would rather not stop this often, just tell me to fuck off and stay away.

I may go and break off somewhere along the way, I have to work at 5...

We should be back to Akron by 2:30 or 3 depending on the route.

I'm about 80% on making this ride right now. Are you starting from Bolivar or riding to it? I would be riding about 71 miles from Elyria to Strasburg and then about 7 miles to Bolivar where would you be starting from?

I took all the bags off of my bike this weekend and my parents are taking me out for my birthday Thursday night. I need to but my bags back on and don't know how late we are going to be out Thursday. I will need to be leaving about 7:30 AM Friday morning to make your meeting place and time. This is why I'm only 80%. If I get my bags back on Thursday morning and I make it home by 11:00 PM from dinner I'll be ready to go.

How deep into WV will you be going? I would like to put WV maps into my GPS. If a brisk pace excludes cruisers does it exclude 600s?

Bags...we don't need no stinking bags. I don't have an exact route in mind yet. There are plenty of good roads in SE OH. We can do an OH route or cross into WV depending on schedules. I know the roads well so we won't be getting lost either way.

I won't say no cruisers, but I will say I generally ride at a pace beyond the capabilities of cuiser suspension and tires. No one will get left behind, you are welcome to come for all/part of the day & see if this is your kind of riding.

Again...Bolivar DQ at 9 leaving at 9:15. I plan to be back to Cleveland by 4. Let me know for sure who's going to meet at the DQ.

Edited by Tpoppa

sorry Master TP, i won't be able to make it to this one. i've been neglecting the woman folk and she will curb stomp my balls if i leave her on friday. have fun on the ride!