Solo Mod In Process and Other Ramblings

DGTL GRL

My baby is on her way to being solo cruiser. With the help of my hubby the bitch seat was removed and while she's in my possession she will never know what 2-up is like. :)

I uncovered her beautiful back fender and will eventually (ordered today) have a chrome solo rider rear carrier as well as a saddlemen trunk.

PICS:

BEFORE

barnaero6709-2.jpg

aerobike6709.jpg

NOW (mod in progress, see below)

solo1.jpg

solo3.jpg

solo4.jpg

PURCHASED today

image_10984_200.jpg

0000_Saddlemen_Cruisn_Tail_Trunk_Ba.jpg

As for the other ramblings--

I AM LOVING RIDING!!! I'm starting to feel like I'm becoming more of 'one' with my bike so to speak.

We've went out for a ride just about every day this week. Leaning into my curves more. Doing 65mph without issue. (Wind is pretty rough at times.. but oh well.)

FRIGGN' AMAZING!!

:cruiser:

ps-- I think in the future a thick black stripe will be painted down the center of my front fender.. to the tank.. to the rear fender.

Also a light bar and probably a windshield.

I believe I'm in love! lol:leghump:

get a tank bib instead of paint, dual purpose, protects the tank from things like belt buckles and zippers and some even have pouches that you can throw a cell phone or I-pod in... just a suggestion... windshield is a definite if you wanna do any distance traveling I got a memphis shades gradiant black , looks sweet and keeps the wind off you. light bars can be expensive, so I went a different route, fog lights under my floor boards... gets me noticed and throws out good light for night riding... and another mod for distance comfort, Highway bars and pegs.... worth the investment!! Cruisers rule!

hehe, I was thinking about a new seat but it's not a priority.

Let us know how the mods go, always fun playing around! So far all I've done is tap in some LEDs to highlight the engine at night, so nothing nearly as practical as you :)

My baby is on her way to being solo cruiser. With the help of my hubby the bitch seat was removed and while she's in my possession she will never know what 2-up is like. :)

I uncovered her beautiful back fender and will eventually (ordered today) have a chrome solo rider rear carrier as well as a saddlemen trunk.

Nice! Since my wife doesn't plan on riding any passengers either we are probably gonna take her back seat off as well.

If we can get some kind of bag mount for hers to that would be great!

get a tank bib instead of paint, dual purpose, protects the tank from things like belt buckles and zippers and some even have pouches that you can throw a cell phone or I-pod in... just a suggestion... windshield is a definite if you wanna do any distance traveling I got a memphis shades gradiant black , looks sweet and keeps the wind off you. light bars can be expensive, so I went a different route, fog lights under my floor boards... gets me noticed and throws out good light for night riding... and another mod for distance comfort, Highway bars and pegs.... worth the investment!! Cruisers rule!

Love your suggestions! Thanks! I am interested to see your floor board fog lights. :)

Love your suggestions! Thanks! I am interested to see your floor board fog lights. :)

name the place and time you and the "big guy" wanna meet up sometime and i can walk you thru everything I have done to make it a distance cruiser...

Nice! Since my wife doesn't plan on riding any passengers either we are probably gonna take her back seat off as well.

If we can get some kind of bag mount for hers to that would be great!

sounds cool!

That looks much better!

Every time I take my pegs and rear seat off, I end up needing them back on again, lol

Thats what happens to my fiance too. But with his new '09 it looks like a pain to get them off and on so i'm sure once they're off there has to be a damn good reason to put them back on.