Had a couple reminders for me to stay alert...

DangBruhY

Yesterday coming home, a car decided to pull in front of me as I was coming up to a light, because they couldn't make a left from the far right lane. The car pulled in 1 1/2 feet in front of me, while I was going about 25mph. I blew my horn at them, but not nearly long enough. I ended up pulling in front of them, and pulled along side the bike I was riding next to, at the light. If I wasn't in shock, I would have turned around and said something.

THEN...

On my way to work this morning, I'm behind about 5-6 cars on a state route and all of them are tailgating. (We are doing about 65mph) All of a sudden, they all slam on their brakes, because some dumbass decides he wants to make an illegal U-turn. He doesn't use a blinker or anything. I hit both brakes and was able to stop in time, but it sure as hell woke me up.

Be carefull out there! Don't fall into a trance because your ride is borning.

Found an oily section coming up to a stoplight yesterday, felt like both wheels locked up for a split second. Kept it upright and didn't hit the truck in front of me!

Everybody keep your eyes open. Oh, and took 161 to get home yesterday, slowest. ride. ever.

Found an oily section coming up to a stoplight yesterday, felt like both wheels locked up for a split second. Kept it upright and didn't hit the truck in front of me!

Everybody keep your eyes open. Oh, and took 161 to get home yesterday, slowest. ride. ever.

Ugh, through the constuction? What a bunch of crap! 45 MPH?!?!? All the construction is WAY far from the lanes of travel for most of the way.... /rant

I had someone run a stop sign in my neighborhood today going way faster than the posted 25 and about T-bone me.

I was pissed about that, and speeding and running signs where my dog and my neighbor's kids play. Her window was open, so I pulled up beside her and said

"hey, pay attention to what you're doing and slow the fuck down, you almost killed me." Hopefully scary biker guy(me? yeah, right.) put some sense into her.

I see her do it again in my neighborhood, she'll get a brick through her window(If she doesn't hit me or a kid next time).

We need to make it harder to get your license. After a certain age, you should have to take a driving test in your vehicle. Even though I think it would suck, I think we need to pass a law that you can only use hands free devices to talk on the phone while driving. I'd say that 85% of the people on the road are talking on their phones. 100% of the people that almost kill me on my motorcycle were talking on their phone.