Rode 555 Yesturday

omgshesaboy

That road is crazy!! went 71 to 60 from cleveland. 60 from millersberg to zanesville is pretty good. then got on 555 and had no idea what I was in for. All in all it was a fun day, did 460 miles. Yesturday was perfect weather.

Oh and I ran into a guy at the gas station who told my buddy that he was an idiot for having a steering damper on his ninja because apparently kawasakis are built exclusivly so you dont need them.. We didnt know what to say to him.

All in all it was an awesome day of riding though. No problems at all!

That road is crazy!! went 71 to 60 from cleveland. 60 from millersberg to zanesville is pretty good. then got on 555 and had no idea what I was in for. All in all it was a fun day, did 460 miles. Yesturday was perfect weather.

Oh and I ran into a guy at the gas station who told my buddy that he was an idiot for having a steering damper on his ninja because apparently kawasakis are built exclusivly so you dont need them.. We didnt know what to say to him.

Glad you enjoyed it, was worth the drive down then I guess!

Anytime you can ride the triple nickel and ride away without any misshaps is a good ride!

Did you ride the entire thing from top to bottom?

sounds like a great ride.

Far as damperners go, need them, don't need them. Like most everything else you can add to the bike MOST of US will never ride these bikes to the point of needing them.

Im going to assume youve not spent much time on a bike with one, anyone can benifit from one no matter their riding ability and once youve used one "properly set up" you wont want to ride without one again

555 used to be my favorite road; you should get to 255 if you have the chance. 255 is less than half as long but it is currently in great shape. I usually take 666 around Zanesville to avoid some of the traffic plus it's an okay road.

Dampers are funny some bikes need them some don't. My track bike is a 2005 CBR600RR, I have been on four tracks with it without a damper and have not needed one or felt like I wanted one for it. My street bike is a 2003 ZX6RR and I couldn't ride it without one. So much for the Kawasaki theory.

I usually take 666 around Zanesville to avoid some of the traffic plus it's an okay road.

666 would be a GREAT route if it was resurfaced. It's fast...with enough elevation changes and turns to keep you happy..but the road surface sucks balls.

I would still ride it any chance I had...I just see the potential it has.

Thanks for the introduction!

Yes, 666 sucks ass compared to other roads in its current condition but I use it as a way to avoid stop and go traffic through Zanesville. I would rather keep moving on a shitty road than sit around boiling with cages all around me. It does have potential if it were to be resurfaces, just watch out for the single lane under the train tracks.

The dragon might be disappointing in a car because you don't have the safety concerns like you do on a bike. There are no driveways or side roads entering the dragon plus there are people there who keep the corners clean of gravel for the most part. It is a very short road compared to 555 being about 60 miles long; it also lacks the blind rises the 555 has. It is a much safer road to ride hard on I think that is its draw for people. Cars don't necessarily need to be concerned about gravel on the inside of a turn or worry about having to brake hard in a turn because someone is backing out of their driveway. This is why it makes a better motorcycle destination.

For what it’s worth I haven’t been back to the dragon since I discovered 555 and there are other roads in Ohio that are comparable to it. No reason to go that far when you can ride roads closer to home and sleep in my bed at night.

did you get that fork seal fixed?

T

For what it’s worth I haven’t been back to the dragon since I discovered 555 and there are other roads in Ohio that are comparable to it. No reason to go that far when you can ride roads closer to home and sleep in my bed at night.

I keep telling all the Dragon pundits here and in MI the same damn thing. Why go that far when you can play in S. Ohio? Hell, if you don't want to ride back to NE Ohio, get a room in CBus! It's still cheaper and you can spend WAY more time riding.

Good Story