Suspension Shop for Sportbikes?

r6sean

I need major help setting up the 07 r6 suspension for track setttings. Are there any shops that can do this? Keep in mind I want it done correctly and not by someone who 'thinks' they know how to set it up.

I need major help setting up the 07 r6 suspension for track setttings. Are there any shops that can do this? Keep in mind I want it done correctly and not by someone who 'thinks' they know how to set it up.

I got mine done at a track day at Mid-Ohio. $80. took about 15 mins. it was done by Dept. of Suspension.

Same with Zorro. Dude is located in Michigan, kinda weird but nice. Talks alot lol.

I believe Lizzard has some good knowledge and the our sponsor Rubin, 35 over in Indy does it too.

he does talk alot :) But is pretty cool and very informative.

I remember Lizard mentioning Rubin too. However, Lizard may be sponsored by him. And since he called me a homo...he's prolly lying about how good he is. ;)

I talked to that guy from 'Dept. of Suspension' @ mid-ohio. He said that I would need a new spring. I thought they were completely adjustable. Even though it is lowered 2".

He said I could use a new rear shock spring as well. Mine isn't lowered. He said stock 06 R6 spring is a bit stiff. He wrote down what I could use on his bidness card...I doubt I'm doing anything this year...

Hey Sean -

I talked to the guy that did my suspension and he's going to be at Mid-Ohio track for the track days.

You can reach Ken Hall at ken@superbikeitalia.com, web site is http://superbikesuspension.com

I have his phone number too if you need it.

Edited by don_zielke
added contact info.

I talked to that guy from 'Dept. of Suspension' @ mid-ohio. He said that I would need a new spring. I thought they were completely adjustable. Even though it is lowered 2".

They are adjustable, but you have to have the right spring to be in the ballpark for the other adjustments to come into play.

Rueben is a good guy to look into. He is a site sponsor, website is www.35motorsports.com.

He has done work on Lizard 1's, Owndjoo, natedogg624, Flounder, Earache, my bike, AMA/WERA bikes and many more.

Tell him Nick B sent you from Ohio Riders. He does have discounted rates for labor for members.

Up north Doug Duane of mph is the guy

http://www.mphohio.com/

YIKES!!

I am going to suggest Reuben, of course... He's a great friend and obviously we've been around each other a good amount of time and I know what he does and what he is capable of doing.

The thing about Jason at DOP is that he is VERY opinionated. He LOOOOOOVES Ohlins and feels anything else is inferior. He knows his stuff for sure, but there are a TON of other options out there and a ton of things that can be used on a bike that SUITS a budget and SUITS a riding style.

If you are not a top 5 WERA National guy or an AMA racer, 25 mil kits are not needed. If you are on a budget and want great suspension and want options, Ohlins is going to be on the top in terms of price.

If you want ease of maintenance, Ohlins isn't your best option. Also, a LOT of the top WERA National guys run Penske rears due to a lot of reasons, but they work damn good and have some features that make the shock work rather well and have enough winners to prove they work just fine.

For forks, there are a bunch of great options. GP Susupension, Ohlins, Penske, Traxxion, etc. The deal is that the basics like sag and ride height and understanding what the tires are doing as a result of your suspension set up is something YOU can do and not have to pay someone else to do. Set-up is something you SHOULD learn anyways and the only time you really should have to pay for anything is when you need the suspension refreshed or replaced...

So, go where you feel is best. A lot of good examples are listed and I'm not going to get into a pissing war with who you should go to. There are a lot of people who will say so and so is best. I prefer Reuben, but DoP, Indy Ducati, Italia, etc are all good peeps. It really boils down to who is doing what at the track if dealing with race related suspension. Reuben is at the track probably 2-3 weeks a month and does a lot of hands on with the companies face to face like with Ohlins and Traxxion and GP Suspension. He doesn't order from a catalog, but actually works with all the latest updated components for each company. Too often, you go and have something done and find out later there was an update that SHOULD have been used. You pay big bucks, why wouldn't you want the latest updates?

Good luck. Bottom line is that stock stuff sucks. People ask me why their tires are doing what they are and I ask what they have had done with their suspension. They say "stock" and there's the answer...

+1 for what Lizard says. I take all of my stuff to Reuben as I know how anal he is about doing stuff the right way. He constantly studies new stuff and is always ahead of everyone else when it comes to the latest and greatest stuff. He's way into learning more about products than anyone else I know - always reading, talking to the manufcaturers weekly, etc.

How much time have these other guys spent in the shock dyno rooms, studying the charts and farting around with adjustments? Reuben does this all of the time, so much so that I worry about him sometimes - guy needs a non-biking hobby!

Plus, he's working for the Kevin Schwantz Racing School and always learning new stuff from Kevin and the racers that teach at the school. Constantly updating. It's weird, I yell ya...

YIKES!!

The thing about Jason at DOP is that he is VERY opinionated. He LOOOOOOVES Ohlins and feels anything else is inferior. He knows his stuff for sure, but there are a TON of other options out there and a ton of things that can be used on a bike that SUITS a budget and SUITS a riding style.

For what its worth, Jason didn't push Ohlins or any expensive stuff on to me and flat out told me unless I was a front of the pack wera guy, that it wasn't needed.

For what its worth, Jason didn't push Ohlins or any expensive stuff on to me and flat out told me unless I was a front of the pack wera guy, that it wasn't needed.

Oh, I know. It's just that when it comes time that you want suspension (and you definately don't need to be an up front WERA guy to have good suspension), he tends to be very biased towards Ohlins. Outside that, he knows stuff and is a good guy for sure.

YIKES!!

Lizard.......any insight about MPH, will much appreciate.....

I didn't know or miss something ??....I see a lot of people from Nelson/Fasttrax get their work done at MPH and satisfied...

Any input will be much appreciated.......

Lizard.......any insight about MPH, will much appreciate.....

I didn't know or miss something ??....I see a lot of people from Nelson/Fasttrax get their work done at MPH and satisfied...

Any input will be much appreciated.......

Just not a lot of good feedback about there since things have changed... Not really internet worthy and if you are satisfied, absolutely awesome. Just know a good number of people that have not had good results...

Just not a lot of good feedback about there since things have changed... Not really internet worthy and if you are satisfied, absolutely awesome. Just know a good number of people that have not had good results...

Hey thanks man, always good to know and much appreciate it......