Pictures and commentary July 20th track day Desmohio guys.

vw151

So I was a spectator for a track day for the first time yesterday. This resulted in about 750 pictures and an interesting perspective on the way non-professionals ride. It's pretty amazing to watch the diverse spread of riders out there together. Especially the day after watching AMA racers go out and make it look easy.

No less, here are about 50 pictures and a link to All of the pictures. Mostly pics of our guys. Steven, Mike, Rick, Dave, Todd and Brandt. Steven is on the pink Gixxer wearing blue leathers, Mike is on the black 1098 in black leathers (he is a virtual highlight reel), Rick on the black 749 in silver red leathers, Dave is unmistakable on the orange sport classic in the retro jacket, Todd is on the black ST3, and Brandt was harder to pick out on the black ZX10R with silver black leathers.

It was very interesting to watch the 3 classes. Novice was like watching people on a sunday drive, specaled with people that seemed like they were fast but basically had to drop back in straights just to try an get some room to get corner speed.

Intermediate is full of riders going sort of fast but not smooth, adjusting their line through the corner constantly, specaled with people who were fast. Advanced was unmistakably smoother than the other groups and faster but still mostly looked like they were walking compared to the AMA race the day before.

Oh, and of course I can't leave out the buell sponsored instructors running stock buell 1125Rs. They mostly made all the fields look slow and did it in tandem. There are some good pics of them as well. They were teaching fundementals off track and illustrating them on track. They were fun to watch.

This is the link to all of them, but I only see 576 images so I may need to see if they all uploaded. It may still be working

http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r197/vw151/Ducati%20Revs%202009/

Rick entering the back straight

IMG_6512.jpg

Mike, coming out of the keyhole, first session early in the morning.

IMG_6541.jpg

Rick, Mike, some guy, one of the Buell instructors, then Brandt in turn 6.

IMG_6573.jpg

Rick coming out of 7

IMG_6578.jpg

Mike, caught up in traffic coming into 7.

IMG_6582.jpg

Rick in 7

IMG_6586.jpg

Rick in turn 8

IMG_6638.jpg

And Rick under the Honda bridge and over the hill looking like a spider monkey. You guys think you get off the bike. Think again.

IMG_6646.jpg

IMG_6659.jpg

brandt in 8

IMG_6664.jpg

Rick in turn 1

IMG_6681.jpg

I think this is entering thunder valley and of course it's Rick

IMG_6726.jpg

Mike saying hi when his session got red flagged (entering thunder valley)

IMG_6749.jpg

couple of Dave entering thunder valley

IMG_6769.jpg

IMG_6771.jpg

IMG_6774.jpg

Steven going into thunder valley

IMG_6778.jpg

Todd thunder valley entrance

IMG_6863.jpg

Rick again same place

IMG_6905.jpg

IMG_6910.jpg

Mike and his guilty pleasure.

IMG_6913.jpg

and into thunder valley

IMG_6918.jpg

The Buell guys showing us how it's done in turn 8

IMG_6987.jpg

Mike in 8 twice

IMG_6994.jpg

IMG_6995.jpg

Brandt in 8, I saw his knee down there before but not for the camera. sorry brandt.

IMG_7005.jpg

Freaking Buell guys!!!! incredible. If you need a reference diagram on how you need to look in a corner. Just take notes

IMG_7011.jpg

IMG_7037.jpg

IMG_7040.jpg

IMG_7058.jpg

IMG_7077.jpg

IMG_7085.jpg

Steven turn 8

IMG_7087.jpg

IMG_7093.jpg

Steven turn 7.

IMG_7096.jpg

Steven in 8 again. anyone notice those sweet new jordans? A-stars FTW!

IMG_7101.jpg

IMG_7102.jpg

IMG_7103.jpg

some guy seriously wadded his gixxer on the left before the carousel. Not one of our guys but the bike looked so bad it warranted some pics

IMG_7124.jpg

IMG_7125.jpg

mike coming out of the carosel and into the front straight

IMG_7141.jpg

IMG_7145.jpg

IMG_7148.jpg

Mike in the carousel

IMG_7154.jpg

and the Buell guys again.

IMG_7192.jpg

Thanks for the pics. Mike makes that 1098 look like a minibike. He looked good (for a COP);) and I'm glad to see Dave out on his new Sport Classic. He looks like he's having fun with that beautiful bike.. (jealous of the SC1000) :(:cool:

Yah' date=' Mike was looking fast. Like I said very interesting to see the wide variety of riders in the different classes.

Funny I never though mike looked that big on his bike but maybe that's cause I'm 6'3" and 240lbs and ride a monster.

[img']http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r197/vw151/monsterkneethunder.jpg

Man my form sucks! I'm really thinking I'm off the bike until I see these pics vs. the Buell guys! Holy $hit those guys drag pucks!!! A diet and yoga are in my future...

But first time out on a new bike and brought it home in one piece. That's an accomplishment in itself! ;-)

BIG THANKS to Joe for posting up these pics!!!

Edited by fasttuna

Man my form sucks! I'm really thinking I'm off the bike until I see these pics vs. the Buell guys! Holy $hit those guys drag pucks!!! A diet and yoga are in my future...

But first time out on a new bike and brought it home in one piece. That's an accomplishment in itself! ;-)

BIG THANKS to Joe for posting up these pics!!!

You looked pretty good Brandt. I think the biggest duh moment I had when the Buell instructors were talking was when they talked about dropping your head and shoulders to lead through the corner. It seems like everyone is getting off the bike with their butt, but dropping the shoulder and head in the corner is the part that takes a little more cognizance. When they had us standing there and putting pressure on our feet one side or the other then had us move our head and feel the difference it really clicked for me. I want to get our and ride some more. No less, looking through the pics it seems most of us could benefit from more of that.