senate says no

kawi kid

Yep. The CC bill that just got voted down was not really all that major. Our OH CC permits are valid in a few other states already, and the trend is by and large toward more states doing the same.

It only got turned into a big deal because a few people on both sides made noise about it, and it's been a pretty slow news week.

You mean like this one...

That doesn't say anything about CC.

If there were federal, all encompassing, rules, regs, reqs, etc for CC licenses, then we wouldn't have problems with CC licenses from some states not being good in others. If everyone was held to a high standard or if the test was a "federal" test, then you could CC anywhere in the 50 states.

It doesn't have to. It says' date=' "...shall not be infringed." I think that covers concealed carry.. unless you're in the habit of restricting rights, too. :rolleyes:[/quote']

I'm totally pro guns, love guns, think everyone (almost everyone) should carry a gun, like in Israel... However that does not mean I like the idea of convicted felons walking around with leagal CC. There should be limits.

FTR' date=' I am 100% against regulation that doesn't allow EX-felons to own a firearm. Once a felon is released from state/federal custody their rights as a United States citizen should be completely reinstated.. no questions asked.[/quote']

So someone who got pissed and murdered someone (pre-meditated or not) should be allowed to carry a gun, that's a good idea. He's already proven himself incapable of controlling his emotions why make it easier for him to hurt someone again?

I would agree that we should have ZERO laws about owning, carrying or possessing firearms. You use one to commit a crime you go to jail. I think everyone should have the right to carry a firearm, felons included. Self protection is a right we all have and no government gave us that right. I do not believe felons should have government rights reinstated. You lose your right to participate with the rest of us in how we govern ourselves if you have harmed us.

Yes i understand that the bad guys will always have guns if they want to, and they might even have more dangerous guns then we're allowed to have. That is why we should all carry guns, except those who have proven they aren't capable. You think that just b/c someone has received the "you're good enough to get out of jail" pass that they are "rehabilitated?" Hell no. There are so many people who can bull shit the system, it isn't prefect. Some people who get out of jail are still the same, some are worse, and some are better; unfortunately we can't reliably tell who is in what condition. It is horrible that we have lump people into groups, like felons, but we have to b/c we can't possibly separate the bull shitters from the genuine. That's why I don't think felons should be able to carry, they can own guns for home defense, like shot guns, but i don't want them walking around with a 9mm stuffed down their pants. if they want to carry illegally they will, but at least it will be illegal.

The fact that you have to have a permit to carry a gun will stop some people from carrying illegally. There are some criminals out there who are on the fence enough to be deterred by the laws, which makes it just that much safer to walk out your door every day. And with the laws in place it makes it easier to punish those who do commit crimes.

All that being said, gun control is getting out of hand, our rights are being taken away. Do I know how to fix the situation? No. Do i wish more law abiding citizens carried firearms? Yes. But I do not believe that giving everyone under the sun the license to conceal a handgun under their coat is the best options.

Just what is a more dangerous gun?

I don't want to lose my right of protection to my government because it's afraid of what others might do with a firearm. You are correct that some felons may get through the system that might still be dangerous to others. We have a system that puts them in jail that assumes they are innocent and some of them escape that system too. I don't want my rights taken away because our system isn't perfect. You can find fault with any system but you can't stop people from doing harm to others if that is their intent. Knives, bats, cars or even bare hands can kill someone where do you want the government to draw the line in your attempt to protect us from ourselves?

Just what is a more dangerous gun?

One that shoots faster than you can pull the trigger.

IP if you had read my last post you would have seen the part where I said that everyone, even felons, should be able to own a gun for home defense. It would however have to be a shotgun, or maybe a rifle, and they shouldn't be able to take it off of their place of residence except perhaps under special circumstances.

Maybe.. but I'll switch it a bit to make more sense....
You don't understand because you're a law abiding citizen

I understand perfectly the ramifications of the laws now in place, so stop talking to me like some naive little child. I have said that the system for carrying guns concealed and unconcealed needs changed so that it is easier for law abiding citizens to protect themselves. However I still do not think that the people in society that have proven themselves untrustworthy should be given this ability to carry a weapon in public. They fucked up, this is part of their punishment. You can have all the rights you want until you prove that you can't handle them.

How is an automatic weapon more dangerous than a semi-auto? I lays down more lead.

And I believe my original point when i made that comment was that criminals have access to autos so we should all be able to carry to protect ourselves.

Second.. you still aren't following me unless you think a fully rehabilitated ex-felon still doesn't 'deserve' the government's permission to carry. If you really do think that then I cannot argue the topic with you any further as I don't believe the government has the authority to allow/disallow a person's right to self defense.

Alright I recognize that although we are both pro gun people we disagree on a major point that neither of us is willing to budge on; I respect your right to your opinion and lets leave it at that.