senate says no

kawi kid

Less than 12% used the current NICS system to buy their gun..(if the pawn shop even did a background check) and 80% of them were purchased illegally. This tells me that making it illegal to buy a gun if you're a felon is egregious act in futility. The laws don't work.. so why make more?

I thought we were done with this debate b/c you "could not argue the topic with me anymore", and I agreed with you? However if you really want my opinion I'll give it to you. So, do you want me to answer that?

It lays down more lead.

You are correct but the fact that it "lays down more lead" does not make it more dangerous. People can use them recklessly but they are not more dangerous. I don't know how much time you have spent around automatic weapons but I have and I don't see how they are more dangerous. Cyclic rate varies with all automatic weapons just as the rate people can pull a trigger. Your ability to pull a trigger faster than me does not necessarily mean your weapon is more dangerous than mine. (Not a personal attach.) How does an automatic weapon become more dangerous because the "trigger" is pulled faster than yours?

I didn't say more effective, I said more dangerous. They cause more damage in the direction they are pointed in a shorter amount of time. Meaning that if some retard sprays an auto in your direction you're more likely to get hit than if he had a semi-auto. In a drive by, I would much rather be shooting a tech 9 than a glock (not that I would ever do such a thing). I was also making the assumption that said wielder of the auto was not an experienced shooter, b/c in the hands of an expert any gun is dangerous, almost equally so, because they know how to use them properly.