Not quite a firearm....

Likwid

Can count as a concealed deadly weapon, in Kentucky at least...

http://pweb.netcom.com/~brlevine/ky.txt

But in the ORC, I've only found reference that it's illegal to sell certain types of weapons like this to anyone but Police Officers.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.20

(A) No person shall:

(3) Manufacture, possess for sale, sell, or furnish to any person other than a law enforcement agency for authorized use in police work, any brass knuckles, cestus, billy, blackjack, sandbag, switchblade knife, springblade knife, gravity knife, or similar weapon;

To people who:

(1) The person is a fugitive from justice.

(2) The person is under indictment for or has been convicted of any felony offense of violence or has been adjudicated a delinquent child for the commission of an offense that, if committed by an adult, would have been a felony offense of violence.

(3) The person is under indictment for or has been convicted of any offense involving the illegal possession, use, sale, administration, distribution, or trafficking in any drug of abuse or has been adjudicated a delinquent child for the commission of an offense that, if committed by an adult, would have been an offense involving the illegal possession, use, sale, administration, distribution, or trafficking in any drug of abuse.

(4) The person is drug dependent, in danger of drug dependence, or a chronic alcoholic.

(5) The person is under adjudication of mental incompetence, has been adjudicated as a mental defective, has been committed to a mental institution, has been found by a court to be a mentally ill person subject to hospitalization by court order, or is an involuntary patient other than one who is a patient only for purposes of observation. As used in this division, “mentally ill person subject to hospitalization by court order” and “patient” have the same meanings as in section 5122.01 of the Revised Code.

Else:

(B) Whoever violates this section is guilty of having weapons while under disability, a felony of the third degree.

So basically it appears that unless you're disallowed from owning firearms, you're in the clear to OWN them. In terms of concealed carry law, I urge you to contact a sherriff's office and get a police officer's view on it, because they're the ones who'll enforce the law.

See if you can get them to give you the specific penal code if they're outlawed for concealed carry. Else, you can probably openly carry them around, if it's not expressly outlawed. I know that knives with fixed blades and folding knives with blades longer than 3.5" are typically outlawed everywhere that guns are (schools, government buildings, etc) so I'd expect the same sorts of restrictions for blunt objects.

hmmm

while we wait tell us a story about the need for such a thing...

:popcorn:

Ok, so I was riding home from work and I ended up in a bad area... I mean it was really bad. Off the beaten path, completely forgotten about. When all of a sudden a black came up to me... I was terrified. With only my keys I managed to fight him off for long enough to run away.

Not to sound mean, but I couldn't call the police, they all look the same. I tried to give a description but they said there was no way they could work with what I gave them, I was baffled.

Here's a picture

black-bear-0012.jpg

Thanks Ryan, it's definitely a grey area....

(A) No person shall knowingly carry or have, concealed on the person’s person or concealed ready at hand, any of the following:

(1) A deadly weapon other than a handgun;

(2) A handgun other than a dangerous ordnance;

(3) A dangerous ordnance.

Dangerous ordnance

(K) “Dangerous ordnance” means any of the following, except as provided in division (L) of this section:

(1) Any automatic or sawed-off firearm, zip-gun, or ballistic knife;

(2) Any explosive device or incendiary device;

(3) Nitroglycerin, nitrocellulose, nitrostarch, PETN, cyclonite, TNT, picric acid, and other high explosives; amatol, tritonal, tetrytol, pentolite, pecretol, cyclotol, and other high explosive compositions; plastic explosives; dynamite, blasting gelatin, gelatin dynamite, sensitized ammonium nitrate, liquid-oxygen blasting explosives, blasting powder, and other blasting agents; and any other explosive substance having sufficient brisance or power to be particularly suitable for use as a military explosive, or for use in mining, quarrying, excavating, or demolitions;

(4) Any firearm, rocket launcher, mortar, artillery piece, grenade, mine, bomb, torpedo, or similar weapon, designed and manufactured for military purposes, and the ammunition for that weapon;

(5) Any firearm muffler or silencer;

(6) Any combination of parts that is intended by the owner for use in converting any firearm or other device into a dangerous ordnance.

to Whitey, I would consider myself a legal enthusiast.... I really enjoy interpreting laws, but also I want to know if I can put my asp in my backpack when I'm going to go somewhere overnight... I'd rather have something and not need it than need it and not have it

Ok, so I was riding home from work and I ended up in a bad area... I mean it was really bad. Off the beaten path, completely forgotten about. When all of a sudden a black came up to me... I was terrified. With only my keys I managed to fight him off for long enough to run away.

Not to sound mean, but I couldn't call the police, they all look the same. I tried to give a description but they said there was no way they could work with what I gave them, I was baffled.

Here's a picture

black-bear-0012.jpg

:rulez:

:D

rofl you got attacked by a bear?

I wouldn't go after a bear with a knife or club, broseidon, no need to piss it off. If it's running at you it's already plenty pissed.

I recommend:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/17280

.500 S&W, 2" barrel. If the shot doesn't kill him, the noise will.

rofl you got attacked by a bear?

I wouldn't go after a bear with a knife or club, broseidon, no need to piss it off. If it's running at you it's already plenty pissed.

I recommend:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/17280

.500 S&W, 2" barrel. If the shot doesn't kill him, the noise will.

The SW500 is TERRIFYING.... I'd be afraid to shoot it.

No I didn't get attacked by a bear, was just making a funny story

The SW500 is TERRIFYING.... I'd be afraid to shoot it.

No I didn't get attacked by a bear, was just making a funny story

I'm thinking about fabricating a bar-mount for it.

Screw horns. Blow a 2 1/2" hole in their rear fender and see if they keep riding 5 under in the fast lane :lol: