Josh Barnett tests positive for steroids, kicked off of Affliction/Fedor card

InyaAzz

This is most likely the end of Affliction. I'd like to be proven wrong..but they can't sustain their business model.

The problem with Fedor is that he has a lot of contractual baggage...To fight in the UFC, Zuffa needs to deal with M1..and we all know how stingy Zuffa is.

Man, at first I thought this was a MC event, I was wondering why a rider would take steroids.

I'm surprised they even test for roids in the fighting stuff...

They don't in Japan..but they do in the US. You need to test for roids, just like in boxing, for events that are sanctioned. Josh has fought mostly in Japan his whole career.

This is most likely the end of Affliction. I'd like to be proven wrong..but they can't sustain their business model.

The problem with Fedor is that he has a lot of contractual baggage...To fight in the UFC, Zuffa needs to deal with M1..and we all know how stingy Zuffa is.

i agree. the last event affliction did they actually lost money. granted affliction has a backup resource with their clothing line, but that is no way to be productive in business. affliction will spend less money sponsoring and still have a good amount of exposure for their product line. the end of affliction fight cards was inevitable.

as far as fedor coming over, i think zuffa will go thru the red tape of getting him. hell hes currently the #1 ranked heavyweight in the world. id like to see him lump lesnar up like lesnar did mir. as much as i dislike lesnar (remember our thread about kimbo? :) ) i think it may be along time coming before someone takes him off his throne. fedor at this point is the best man to do it

• 1 month later...

Heh....i called it. No more Affliction.

And I didn't realize this...but Fedor is co-owner of M1. No wonder why the deal didn't go through. It wasn't about $$$...it was about picking the opponents. Zuffa wants to say who Fedor fights...and M1 doesn't want that. Understandably...Fedor is M1's goose laying the golden eggs.