county road 55?

oldschoolsdime92

I have had numerous people tell me about a county road 55 between urbana and springfeild. Does anyone know anything at all about this road? I can't seem to find it on a map?

from troy any good roads around you?

good roads? Nah mediocre roads ,yes, quite a few, but nothing consistent. Biggest problem is you will have a halfway fun road, and it will be 20 miles to get to the next one.

yeah the ride to a road is frustrating

After doing a search, the ohio engineers list County HWY 55 on the south East side of Bellfountain as the only county rd 55 near Clark County. it doesn't look that great. Try Storm creek Rd between Terre Haunt off Hwy55 and Upper valley rd. Also try rt 56 North of I70 near London. :)

Storm creek is a fun, but yet again short little road...

Yeah, sorry. Welcome to western Ohio. :lol: rt56 is a little longer and adds another dimension to the ride, "Verticle" Changes vs just left or right. :D

Arbuckle Rd off of 40 in Lafaytte has some nice corners, but bring your suspension.:rolleyes:

Yeah, sorry. Welcome to western Ohio. :lol: rt56 is a little longer and adds another dimension to the ride, "Verticle" Changes vs just left or right. :D

Arbuckle Rd off of 40 in Lafaytte has some nice corners, but bring your suspension.:rolleyes:

True, 56 will tighten your butthole if you're not ready for a few of those drops.

There's another short road outside of Cedarville, south of 42 a few miles off of Cedarville...Lackey to S Charleston is how I go...It's alright, has one open stretch to wind the bike out and hold it for as long as you feel necessary. Then a decent road until you get into S Charleston...But then you're getting into Central OH a bit...

Leatherwood Creek Road NE of Piqua is a neat short road with some cool sweepers...

if your from that area then try 56 till it dead ends into 29. country roads are filled with gravel and narrow roads. plus a real bug attraction to your bike and helmet. u can hear them hit of ya. Ludlow rd is a real good road and keep in mind all these state route's any state highway or sherriff patrol these roads so be safe and above all be smart.

if your from that area then try 56 till it dead ends into 29. country roads are filled with gravel and narrow roads. plus a real bug attraction to your bike and helmet. u can hear them hit of ya. Ludlow rd is a real good road and keep in mind all these state route's any state highway or sherriff patrol these roads so be safe and above all be smart.

Try 56? :rolleyes: I live off of 56. :D I have to take 56 to go almost anywhere.

Ludlow is cool and so are Bringer and Near. But like I said this is western Ohio. Nothing around here compares to the roads to the South and East. But sometimes you have to work with what you got.;)

• 3 weeks later...

Whats up everyone! My bike is in my avatar, im from Troy, looking for fun rides and new people to ride with. Here area some of the roads i hit when out for a quick ride local ride.

1. Up Polecat down Deweese turn around and do it again (very short)

2. St. Rt. 29 from Kiser Lake to Sidney is a pretty good road if you are willing to do some law breakin "speeding". I'm not talkin 100+ but a good pace. (not to long 10mi. maybe)

3. Fenner Rd. west of St. Rt. 48 then right on Rangeline to St. Rt. 189 i think it is. (short)

4. My local favorite is: South on Peters Rd. leaving troy to left on Tipp Cowelsville to 25A and turn right. Then left on road by Circle K. Follow into Tipp City then South on Canal Rd. through Tipp. (20 minutes)

5. North on Childrens Home Rd from St. Rt. 41. Go through stop on Lefevere and turn right on Leedes i think it is. Its the road on right on the last left hander on Childrens home road. The road off childrens homes has i think 4 90 degree turns in a row but be careful they are usually dirty with gravel! (very short)

If you guys from troy or in the area are gettin together drop me a line and i will see about breakin out of the house.

Whats up everyone! My bike is in my avatar, im from Troy, looking for fun rides and new people to ride with. Here area some of the roads i hit when out for a quick ride local ride.

1. Up Polecat down Deweese turn around and do it again (very short)

2. St. Rt. 29 from Kiser Lake to Sidney is a pretty good road if you are willing to do some law breakin "speeding". I'm not talkin 100+ but a good pace. (not to long 10mi. maybe)

3. Fenner Rd. west of St. Rt. 48 then right on Rangeline to St. Rt. 189 i think it is. (short)

4. My local favorite is: South on Peters Rd. leaving troy to left on Tipp Cowelsville to 25A and turn right. Then left on road by Circle K. Follow into Tipp City then South on Canal Rd. through Tipp. (20 minutes)

5. North on Childrens Home Rd from St. Rt. 41. Go through stop on Lefevere and turn right on Leedes i think it is. Its the road on right on the last left hander on Childrens home road. The road off childrens homes has i think 4 90 degree turns in a row but be careful they are usually dirty with gravel! (very short)

If you guys from troy or in the area are gettin together drop me a line and i will see about breakin out of the house.

And that's all the good roads in the area! :lol: There's a few more, we'll hook up sometime and do some riding. I'll show ya some more.

And your favorite is my starting point. I live on 1st street next to Kyle park basically.

Yeah this area is not the greatest for twisties but you can only work with what ya got. I know of a few more but know the roads by name. Didnt want to put "that one road by that one place near the that other place". All this week its going to be nice out so im sure i'll be puttin some miles on the old girl.

Yeah this area is not the greatest for twisties but you can only work with what ya got. I know of a few more but know the roads by name. Didnt want to put "that one road by that one place near the that other place". All this week its going to be nice out so im sure i'll be puttin some miles on the old girl.

True,

Post up an intro man....

Intro forum