Drop Verizon for AT&T?

RSVDon

they WOULD have had it instead of att, but they didn't want apple's customer service handling their business...

bad choice IMO...if not for the iphone, i think att mobile would be as insignificant as t-mo

Agreed, bad business move. Apple's iPhone would have been an instant hit with Verizon and you could guarantee your ass I would have been there for the first gen when it came out.

I think i'm going AT&T though, I've set up a family plan with a really close friend and i'll be paying the same a month that I pay with Verizon. Plus there's a 30 day trial if I absolutely hate the service.

The words NO WAY come to mind.

I agree that the Customer Service and phone selection SUCKS at VZW.. but.. hold on.. the iphone will be coming to VZW.

Apple can't be that stupid.

You use VZW for the coverage! Not because their cheap or friendly.

Agreed, bad business move. Apple's iPhone would have been an instant hit with Verizon and you could guarantee your ass I would have been there for the first gen when it came out.

I think i'm going AT&T though, I've set up a family plan with a really close friend and i'll be paying the same a month that I pay with Verizon. Plus there's a 30 day trial if I absolutely hate the service.

Good luck man. Make sure you jailbreak it. There are a lot of good apps and customizations out there.

The words NO WAY come to mind.

I agree that the Customer Service and phone selection SUCKS at VZW.. but.. hold on.. the iphone will be coming to VZW.

Apple can't be that stupid.

You use VZW for the coverage! Not because their cheap or friendly.

Customer service and phone selection are big in my book. I usually don't travel too far into the sticks. While I do agree that Verizon has great service, their customer support is useless (and non existent in store), and I'm really friggin tired of their phone selection. I'm not trying to be a nutswinger here but it'll come off as such, we all know the iPhone beats the hell out of any phone Verizon offers currently, and frankly, i'm tired of waiting.

When the iPhone comes to Verizon, guaranteed they'll lock down the GPS, load their own stupid programs, and disable half the functionality of the phone. I'm quite tired of that bullshit.

So if I can pay the same with Verizon and AT&T then the logical choice seems AT&T, especially with their 30 day trial period and $25 cancellation policy. Verizons is $175 early termination, really?...

Tomin, define a jailbreak? Never heard of doing that to a phone. Benefits are?

I live in two large metropolitan cities all year long, so i'm thinking service can't be too bad.

I live in two large metropolitan cities all year long, so i'm thinking service can't be too bad.

basically a program you run on the phone to unlock all features...

was originally designed to unlock ringtone options, but has been expanded to allow a great deal of custom options that the iphone doesn't have out of the box.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jailbreak_(iPhone_OS)

Edited by magley64

basically a program you run on the phone to unlock all features...

was originally designed to unlock ringtone options, but has been expanded to allow a great deal of custom options that the iphone doesn't have out of the box.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jailbreak_(iPhone_OS)

Yeah, basically what Magley said. Just allows you to run other apps, customized backgrouds, ringtones, etc. When you jailbreak it, it installs two apps called Cydia and Winterboard. Winterboard allows you to customize the phone to an extent and Cydia has a repository of apps. Here is the official site, http://blog.iphone-dev.org/.

I really want to know where you people are that you don't have AT&T service? I travel all over the country, from major metro areas to real backwoods hill jack towns, Junction TX anyone? There are VERY few places I don't have 3G service, let alone service at all. Some dam on a river in the center of PA with no sign of civilization for over 100 miles in the valley between two mountains comes to mind, but that's about it. I love my AT&T I've got no complaints.

I managed technology for a large corp. and throughout the US Verizon by far had the best coverage, HOWEVER, our blackberrys had to be AT&T for the International Coverage of our travelers. I had a home in Mt. Vernon on Apple Valley and AT&T does not work in that area, but my Verizon did.... so you have to way your travels and coverage maps, but within our corporation Verizon was the better coverage domestically...... good luck...........................

Let me tell you a story about coverage and the sister in law. It was January 2009 she drove from Tennessee to see the wife and kids. Sunday evening comes she heads for home. Well, Somewhere between Lexington and Berea Ky her new mazda stops on the side of the rode. No biggy she pulls out her cell phone to call and no signal, can't even text. Now it is 10 pm in the dead of winter on an interstate in ky. So after an hour of sitting in the car she starts to walk. Finally someone picks her up and gets her too a Walmart where she calls us.

Take a guess what kinda Phone?????? Iphone and att.

In a metro area coverage isn't an issue, but when your in the sticks coverage is a huge issue.

I have Verizon, Major highways coverage is good, but on two lanes in the country I lose coverage just like everyone else.

With what happened to my sister in law, coverage is more important to me than the electronic bobble that will be out dated in 12 months.

Edited by Lost
spelling issues