The free bike is found a home.

Lost1888

Well I stripped the tank a couple weeks ago. It has 2 small dent on the right side and some pitting. Today I used some puddy to fill the pits and start fixing the dents. Tomorrow I should finish that tank repair and be preped for primer. I'll take some pics when it's finished tomorrow.

Also today I talk to a guy in my area who has a extra set of forks, mag rims, a bunch of electrical goodies, and some other stuff. I will drive out his way Wednesday or Thursday to pick them all up for $100.

It looks like the project is coming along a little faster than expected. It's still going to get stripped down to a bare frame but the extra parts have me a little excited and motivated. I still need to go buy a battery and get it started. Maybe I will do that this week also. Idk I'm not really in a huge rush. It's going to be my winter project. With 3 months of nothing to do I don't want to get to carried away.

Well I stripped the tank a couple weeks ago. It has 2 small dent on the right side and some pitting. Today I used some puddy to fill the pits and start fixing the dents. Tomorrow I should finish that tank repair and be preped for primer. I'll take some pics when it's finished tomorrow.

Also today I talk to a guy in my area who has a extra set of forks, mag rims, a bunch of electrical goodies, and some other stuff. I will drive out his way Wednesday or Thursday to pick them all up for $100.

It looks like the project is coming along a little faster than expected. It's still going to get stripped down to a bare frame but the extra parts have me a little excited and motivated. I still need to go buy a battery and get it started. Maybe I will do that this week also. Idk I'm not really in a huge rush. It's going to be my winter project. With 3 months of nothing to do I don't want to get to carried away.

Get involved, get carried away. That's what motorcycle enthusiasts do. Being around bikes, messing with them is something you love to do...right?

:cheers:

Get involved, get carried away. That's what motorcycle enthusiasts do. Being around bikes, messing with them is something you love to do...right?

:cheers:

Without a doubt! It's riding season and repairs will have to wait till it snows. Should be a busy winter. Good thing as of right now the Sv doesn't need much of anything. Maybe I'll do the racing stripe but that's about it.

It's gonna be a while but you will. Someday it will make it to a bike night. I doubt I'll ever put many miles on it. Hell it's only got just over 1500 on it now. It's not a bike with a real following like the 1K but it should be a nice custom ride when I'm done with it. I'm just gonna take my time, learn what I can learn and have fun with it. The plan is to sell it and move on to another and do the same thing. After I put the kind of time and energy into this thing I doubt I'll ever get what I want out of it and it will go to one of my kids. It's kind of a unique bike as far as the specific model and motor and It will be uniquely mine when I'm done with it. For me it's hard to part with something like that.