I need injector recommendations for a 2008 Turbo Busa

DTM Brian

Had a customer in the shop today with a 2008 Haybusa turbocharged. We are running out of injector. We have two power commanders on the bike and both sets of injectors are maxed out at 300 rwhp. Does anyone have suggestions on a set of 8 injectors that will fit the 2008 busas? Looking to support between 400 and 500 rwhp.

Thanks in Advance.

Had a customer in the shop today with a 2008 Haybusa turbocharged. We are running out of injector. We have two power commanders on the bike and both sets of injectors are maxed out at 300 rwhp. Does anyone have suggestions on a set of 8 injectors that will fit the 2008 busas? Looking to support between 400 and 500 rwhp.

Thanks in Advance.

What turbo and/or fuel rail are you running? You're probably running out of fuel pressure - what pump is on it?

Depending on those answers, it may not be possible to get where you want to go.

Edited by Todd#43

At 7 pounds of boost the bike is making 230-240 rhwp with a 11.5 A/F

At 10 pounds it is making 300 rwhp. However the A/F leans out to 13.0

Motor is built to make over 500 rwhp and 25 pounds of boost. Customer claims fuel pump is good for 500 rwhp.

Looking to see what my options are for injectors providing we can feed them enough volume.

At 7 pounds of boost the bike is making 230-240 rhwp with a 11.5 A/F

At 10 pounds it is making 300 rwhp. However the A/F leans out to 13.0

Motor is built to make over 500 rwhp and 25 pounds of boost. Customer claims fuel pump is good for 500 rwhp.

Looking to see what my options are for injectors providing we can feed them enough volume.

You should know by now that just because the customer says its good enough doesnt mean its good enough. I'd do a little more research if it was me.

Really at 500 RWHP you need better fuel control than the PC can provide. He'll also want to look at water injection as well.

You might want to talk to RCC turbo, or the dude at NLR for the electronics. Either one of them should be able to point you in the right direction for the secondary injectors.

You should know by now that just because the customer says its good enough doesnt mean its good enough. I'd do a little more research if it was me..

Agreed. I highly doubt stock injectors would support 300 rwhp when using a turbo. I have been all over the busa forums looking for info.