Tanked 09

jnor

rideohio.org is having the second "tanked 09" event at Mohican Reservation campground. It's Fri, Sat, Sunday if you want to camp, but there is a ride on Saturday 8/15 which shTanked 09 no BS thread

ould be fun (the one last year was)... I'm only going Saturday for the ride, and will probably lead it.

Here's the infoThis tread is just to allow one location for folks to get information on Tanked 09, without having to sift through a million posts to figure things out.

When is Tanked 09?

Tanked 09 will take place from August 14, 2009 through August 16, 2009.

Where is Tanked 09?

Tanked 09 will be based at The Mohican Reservation campground, near Loudonville, Ohio. Click this link for a Google map of the exact location.

What is Tanked 09?

Tanked is our main annual get together. Mostly it is just about hanging out and putting faces to names, but there is something for everyone. Friday will mostly consist of camping and hanging out at the campfire. Saturday there will be a group ride with a stop for lunch and another stop for ice cream. After the ride we will return to the campground where we will once again build a fire and tell lies.

What are the details of the Saturday group ride?

Answered by RsvRidr

Everyone should have their bikes full of fuel and ready to go at the campgrounds at 12pm.

First let me say that the route is nice but not great. I had to change it up as the route that I had first made up,the State decided to do some bridge repair in one location and lay down some tar and chip in another.

Plus Tuonochic and I will not be able to attend the ride portion as we have a family obligation that had recently come up and I felt the ride would be difficult to lead by someone unfamiliar with the route, especially with what I hope is a large group.

This ride will have a little for everyone (even dual sport guys-take some gravel roads off of SR715 *Bats Nest Rd,*)The route is pretty much my local loop,give or take some side roads.

The route should be easy to lead and follow,which one of you fine men and women will have to step up and volunteer to be the lead rider

The lunch stop will be at The Depot, 18 east 9th Ave., Dresden. After Jnor and Mnor's reccomendation, I checked it out and they were spot on. Very biker friendly and great food. They are aware that we are coming and have a nice outdoor patio area that should seat everyone nicely.

The ice cream stop will be at Kent's Ice Cream Station, 115 Newark Rd. Mount Vernon. The owners are great people and regularly hold car shows and drive ins there. They have a 5 foot long banana split and a 'kitchen sink' if you desire.

I hope everyone enjoys the route,it won't be as epic as last years but RT1980 was a hard act to follow

Total mileage for the route will be approx 130 miles.

Tried to make a map of the ride with a link but my stupid computer is locking up. Will hopefully have the ride mapped out for everyone tomorrow, but here is the written directions;

Exit campgrounds turning right. Turn left on SR3 heading south to Jelloway.

In Jelloway turn left onto SR205 (south)to Danville. Take SR62 (south) to Millwood.

Turn left onto SR36E towards Coshocton.

Turn left onto SR715 and continue to Mohawk Dam.

Immediately after crossing Dam turn left into parking lot. Stop will allow riders to regroup and take a break if necessary.

Leave Dam on SR715 to SR36E turn left to Warsaw.

First traffic light is SR60, turn south and continue to Sr208 in Dresden and turn left.

Once in Dresden, 208 will turn into 9th Ave.

Go straight thru traffic light and THE DEPOT will be on your left.

After Lunch, retrace route up SR60 north to SR541. Turn west (left) on SR541.

Follow SR541 into Martinsburg, turning right at the traffic light onto SR62N then turn left on SR586N towards Mt.Vernon.

In Mt. Vernon, Kent's is immediately on left after 586 merges with SR13-use caution as SR13 traffic does not stop

Leave Kent's traveling west on Newark Rd./S. Main St., go around square following signs for SR3N/ N Main St.

Continue north on SR3 back to Wally Rd./campgrounds The ride will leave from the campground at Noon and will be about 120 miles. Try to arrive a little early so you can get details on the route.

Do I have to camp?

Absolutely not. Feel free to participate in whatever you want. Just show for the Saturday ride and go home. Hang at the campground for a few hours and go home. Stay late and head to a motel. The choice is entirely up to you, but you will miss out on a lot of fun if you do not camp.

How much does it cost to attend?

There is no actual fee to attend Tanked 09, but you will have to pay for camping and food and ice cream. Camping will cost $10 per person, per night. Short term visiting to the campground will cost nothing, but if you plan to stay for the campfire and other activities there will be a $3 charge from the campground per person.

How can I get a Tanked 09 Tshirt?

Cmar is handling the shirt orders. Click this link to view a thread about shirts. Once a design is selected and a ordering procedure is determined this post will be updated.

Will I have fun?

You better believe you will have fun! Click this link for a thread started after Tanked 08.

I don't mind reading a lot of BS, and I would like to add to the BS.

Then go to this thread and join in!

------------------------------------

Click here to see where Tank is now!

Click here for the mobile version!

Edited by jnor