Special Introductory Beginner Group Instruction

PrettyEye

Good call, I'll try to do that soon.

Oh and Nelson Ledges is also where LeMons is this year so it will help me learn the track.

you're doing LeMons?! What are you going to be driving? i've been thinking getting into it with a couple friends.

you're doing LeMons?! What are you going to be driving? i've been thinking getting into it with a couple friends.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/28/automobiles/28LEMONS.html?_r=4&em&oref=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

That was us in Ze Flying Brick. Same car this year a late 80's BMW 325e. It's back and meaner than ever. Last year we led the first 50 laps and then our transmission (the only thing we hadn't replaced) stuck in second. We rode that way for the last 18ish hours. She held together and we placed 18 of 54 I think it was. It was stupid fast, should hold together much better this year. I'll start a thread about it once we start getting closer.

I've raced my Corvette at Nelson many times, but I've never been there on my bike. I'd be interested in trying this, but I don't have the first clue as to what I'd need to do it. Do I need full leathers? I have a riding jacket with protectors built in but no pants. Is a stock street bike ok for beginner tracking or do I need to do some mods? Thanks!

I've raced my Corvette at Nelson many times, but I've never been there on my bike. I'd be interested in trying this, but I don't have the first clue as to what I'd need to do it. Do I need full leathers? I have a riding jacket with protectors built in but no pants. Is a stock street bike ok for beginner tracking or do I need to do some mods? Thanks!

Hi toolman,

Each organizer has their own rules for preparedness so rules will vary. Read this for fasttrax:

http://www.ridefasttrax.com/trackdayb.htm

Per link above, you don't need full leathers but you do need pants that attach to the jacket. Stock street bike is fine - see "Motorcycle Preparations" in the link above.

HTH

I saw on their http://www.ridefasttrax.com/ that they are offering a Special Introductory Beginner Group Instruction at Nelson Ledges Friday, August 14th (from 5 pm to sundown). This is for $75 and probably a great way to be introduced to the track in a non-race, non-competitive atmosphere.

If you can think of anyone that might be hesitant at doing track time because they don't want to be "racing" and are free Friday night, maybe you can talk them into this...it's only $75 and what they learn will be worth it!! Check their website for more information (click on TrackDays -> Beginner).

I especially encourage woman riders who are new to the track to take advantage of this opportunity :) My husband and I will be there so let me know if you need any help with anything :) (pls let us know sooner rather than later, if possible).

I take no further responsibility into the introduction of a new addiction and money pit :)

when you click trackdays beginner it takes you to the 15th for $150 is this already full?

Bike is all ready. Anyone else from around here I need to keep an eye out for?

Will not be able to make this one, maybe next month at mid ohio,

is this your first track day?.......you will have to post up what you think and how the day went.