Patrol: Driver on phone in fatal crash

mrmako777

let's seriously get out there and ride to this thing! Go to that court date, do whatever is necessary, we all talk about these incidents way too much and actually need get together on this. We are a ridiculously large group now and need to use it!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's such a shame. I was riding in downtown Fairborn and the light was green for a good bit. (I was about 200 feet away from the intersection) Next thing I know, a car come driving through it, like their light was green. Even when mine is green, I always look to see if someone doesn't look like they are going to stop.

They're turning over evidence now. Assuming they press charges is the only way she will get one. Ill keep you guys posted as soon as I find out

sweet... I'm serious about showing up! I hope you guys are too, make a thread to organize the ride once the court date is known

let's seriously get out there and ride to this thing! Go to that court date, do whatever is necessary, we all talk about these incidents way too much and actually need get together on this. We are a ridiculously large group now and need to use it!

I agree. This is the sort of " accident" that kills all of us. We push it off saying that it won't happen to me but it can. The rider even tried to lay his bike down to save himself. We need to make a stand, together, and do something about this. I am tired of hearing about accidents that could of been avoided. I love to ride and I don't want any person, in a hurry, having a bad day, killing me.

She's been charged with Vehicular Manslaughter.

OK, here's what I got... She's been dinged for ORC2903.06A4 (M2/Vehicular Manslaughter) and ORC4511.42 (MM/Failure to Yield). Next hearing is a pretrial conference before Judge Mark R Bogen on October 5th at 1pm at Lebanon Municipal Court.

And she's not blond.

EDIT: Duh me. There's a news story on it. http://www.middletownjournal.com/news/crime/woman-charged-in-fatal-crash-256238.html

By Justin McClelland, Staff Writer

Updated 4:52 PM Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Maineville woman was charged Monday, Aug. 17, with vehicular manslaughter following a fatal motorcycle accident last week, according to the Lebanon Municipal Court.

Kristina Tedesco, 35, 294 Bannock Drive, Maineville, was charged with one count of vehicular manslaughter, a second-degree misdemeanor following an Aug. 6 accident that took the life of Bradley Bachelor, 34, of Lebanon.

According to Ohio State Highway Patrol Trooper Rob Waulk, Bachelor was driving a 2003 Suzuki motorcycle shortly before 10:30 a.m. south on Stubbs Mill Road in Turtlecreek Twp. when Tedesco, who was heading north on Stubbs Mill Road, attempted to turn left onto Cook Road and pulled out in front of Bachelor, causing him to collide with her 2007 Chevrolet Equinox.

Bachelor was transported by ambulance to Bethesda Arrow Springs Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.

Waulk said Tedesco told troopers she was talking on her cell phone with her husband when she struck Bachelor. Tedesco told police she was coming from the Clarksville area and had gotten lost due to Ohio 123 being closed east of Lebanon, Waulk said.

A bond hearing has been set for 2 p.m. today, Aug. 20 at the Lebanon Municipal Court.

Edited by Scruit

She's been charged with Vehicular Manslaughter.

OK, here's what I got... She's been dinged for ORC2903.06A4 (M2/Vehicular Manslaughter) and ORC4511.42 (MM/Failure to Yield). Next hearing is a pretrial conference before Judge Mark R Bogen on October 5th at 1pm at Lebanon Municipal Court.

And she's not blond.

EDIT: Duh me. There's a news story on it. http://www.middletownjournal.com/news/crime/woman-charged-in-fatal-crash-256238.html

thanks for the update bro. the enquirer hasnt updated anything and ive been checking daily

• 1 month later...

bump. wanna make sure this is not forgotten. as scruit noted the pretrial is set for 10/5. here are the details:

http://court.lebanonohio.gov/cgi-bin/mcaseno.cgi?pre=CRB&num=0900928⊂=&type=CR&acc=

one thing i noticed was that under dispo it says not guilty plea. am i reading this right that this chick is pleading not guilty to killing a man? is this goin to be one of those cases where it was the bikers fault? :mad:

one thing i noticed was that under dispo it says not guilty plea. am i reading this right that this chick is pleading not guilty to killing a man?

Oh it's okay, the rider is gonna plead "not dead":rolleyes:

I'm sure her lawyer entered that plea for her - as you'd expect him to do.

You have got to be kidding that this bitch is being charged with only a second degree misdimeanor and is out on a O.R bond,,Is people still wanting to ride down weather permitting, I would cage it if need be and would pick up a few others,Either way we should be in gear. I do not work on mondays so who is in.

I thought this list of punishments from the Cleveland law library was interesting. Check out the maximum sentance and fine she faces at 2nd degree misdimeanor.:mad:

Aggravated Murder - R.C. 2903.01

• See Ohio Revised Code Sections 2929.02; 2929.03

• Prison terms: With Death Specification: Death penalty or life in prison without parole, or life with parole after 20, 25 or 30 years. Without Death Specification: Life with parole eligibility after 20 years or life without parole (sexual motivation and sexual predator specifications).
    • Fines: $25,000 max.

Murder - R.C. 2903.02

• See Ohio Revised Code Section 2929.02
    • Prison Terms:15 years to life. Life without parole if a sexual motivation and sexual predator specification.
    • Fines: $15,000 max

• The following table summarizes the sentencing ranges and possible fines for felonies. This table was last updated on 3-12-2002. Check the current versions of R.C. 2929.14 and 2929.18 for any changes.

Degree of FelonyPrison TermFine**

First Degree three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, or ten years$20,000

Second Degree two, three, four, five, six, seven, or eight years$15,000

Third Degree one, two, three, four, or five years.$10,000

Fourth Degree six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, or eighteen months.$5,000

Fifth Degree six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, or twelve months.$2,500

The following table summarizes the sentencing ranges and possible fines for misdemeanors. This table was last updated on 11-17-2005. Check the current version of R.C. 2929.24 and 2929.28 for any changes.

DegreePrison TermFine**

First Degree not more than six months$1,000 max

***Second Degree not more than ninety days$750 max***

Third Degree not more than sixty days$500 max

Fourth Degree not more than thirty days$250 max

Minor Misdemeanornone $150.00 max

:hijack::mad:

page 17:

Quote:

If the victim was in a car and wearing a seatbelt they might be alive.

And all of you finger pointing.....HYPOCRITES!!!!!

The fact is...drivers make mistakes all the time, and cellphones make it more dangerous, but when you ride a motorcycle, you should sign a paper accepting the fact that there is almost ZERO room for error, and your life choice, regardless of whose fault it is, is a RISKY choice.:wtf:

:mad:[rant]I'm sorry, this comment is eating at me like a flesh eating virus! I can't help but wonder if the person who posted this would feel the same way if it had been someone in an amish horse and buggy, a person on a bicycle, or a pedestrial on the street who'd been killed?

Maybe they should have said, "You know walking outside your front door is dangerous, pedestrians should be made to sign a paper accepting the fact some idiot might run there ass over because a driver is busy playing with the gadgets in the captains seat of their cage!" The wonder lust of hoping into the cage and being magically transported over any obstical. I see it on the bike and in the car. People with eyes open and brain off driving down the road disconnected from what is around them and what they are doing.:rant:

Please keep this thread updated on where and when everyone is meeting at. Can't commit to making it but I will definitly try.