It was my time...

KhaoticRebel

So today I decided to take a jaunt down to a town called Revenge (don't even remind me of the irony.) I was having a great time enjoying the numerous twisties and finally decided to head on back to Pataskala. On the way back, I passed a bike shop, unfortunately, I turned my head to look at it a little too long. Next thing I know, I'm in the grass and hoping that I can just ride it out. Then, the rear tired slid out and I find myself tumbling through the grass. How embarrassing. One thing I do remember is the knock my head took even though I was in the grass. I was immediately glad I had on my helmet along with boots, pants, and a solid padded jacket. I stood up to get my bearings and removed my helmet. I see another biker, a cruiser, coming around the bend. I think, "Oh great, they'll surely stop and help out a fellow biker." I was wrong. Instead, this stupid female biker, who I now hope takes it hard up the ass from Lady Karma, merely rides past shaking her head with a disapproving look. I know she was thinking, "Serves her right for speeding through her on that devil machine." Clearly she had something against sportbike riders. No I wasn't speeding, I just have ADD and was distracted by many shiny objects. That bitch. Anyhoo, remember that bike shop? Well, it's 100 feet away, so I make the walk to ask for assistance in lifting my bike. (I knew I should have started that steroid treatment this week.) I met two great guys who were more than willing to help out the damsel in distress. They lifted it, inspected it, test drove it and made sure everything was in order...well, working order at least. A GREAT BIG thanks goes out to those guys at Hughes Cycle!!! Before rolling out, I made sure to name drop for Ohioriders.net. So, hopefully, we'll get at least a new member out of my retarded mishap. Now I'm home, the bike is garaged, and I'm feeling every ounce of pain in my hip and shoulder from my mere 40 mph landing. I'm taking beer and monetary donations. Beer to numb the pain and money...to buy more beer. Just kidding. P.S. Frame sliders come in a few short days. Damn ground shipping.

I feel your pain, literally. Today was to be my start of physical therapy for the injuries from my accident. I still feel that the damage to my ego was worse than the separated shoulder. The important thing is that the bike ....er uh..... you are ok. Next step is to get back out there armed with the knowledge of what you did wrong and what you can do to be a better rider.

Yeah, I can definitely think my ego took the worst damage. I feel like such an ass! The bike is ok. The fairing is scuffed a bit, but I only really need to replace the mirror and brake pedal. Anyone know where the best place to score these two items would be? I probably won't even fix the fairing. I'll just claim that it's my stunt bike ha ha. I hear ya Walther on the shoulder pain. I think I jammed it hard when I hit or something. Yowza...I feel like an old lady hobbling around! Thanks for the support you guys and hope to be out riding with y'all soon! :)

I might know of some mirrors that are for sale... cheap!

I'll get back with you on that, my friend that crashed his 03 600RR had just got new mirrors and didn't mount them when he fell... so he has no need for them now that his bike is totaled.

Oh fabulous fireman! Let me know what you find out. The road I went down on Eagle was Bis Road SW, just south of Lancaster. Look up Hughes Cycle and I literally went down 50 feet past the end of their driveway. It was a sweet road as far as twisties, but once you get past the correctional facility there's patchwork and gravel here and there. Still fun. Where are you in Pataskala Eagle? I might need some help putting the rear brake lever back on.

Thanks so much fireman! That'd be a lot cheaper than some of the other options I've seen tonight online. I could meet you whatever day would work for you...at that shopping center area with Target and stuff. You're the one doing me the huge favor, so I wouldn't make you cart them up my way too! Thanks so much! Just let me know what works for you.