is there a such thing

rick37

Gemma isn't quiet by an stretch of the imagination and I was almost run down twice on the freeway last night. Pipes don't mean shit.. unless it's got forty-five lead flying out of it.

I have a loud exhaust because I like the way she sounds opened up a bit. I would say I fancy a louder exhaust on a twin than I do on an inline. Those damn things are too loud at the wrong pitch.. or something. :(

+1, I've heard the Aprilia is loud, but only when I get on it. Other than that it's pretty quiet at cruising speeds. I really need to get someone to ride it and let me hear it.

OK then here is what I am getting as popular opinion

Loud exhaust is good but they have to sound good, and I do have to agree that loud exhaust or not there are some people that just don't give a shit about us motorcycle riders because they think there cars are bigger than our bikes.And As much as I would like to get even for trying to kill me I don't want to cause a big wreck by tossing something at the retard.

The problem is that "sounds good" is subjective. You may think your straight pipe twin sounds great, but others, myself included, think you're a self-absorbed dickhead.

I like the mechanical sound of an engine as much as the next guy, especially twins. But if I can hear you from 4 blocks away, I don't care how good you think it sounds, it's too loud.

Edited by Not Dark Yet