USA Today poll: USC 4th, OSU 6th

jj1

USA Today poll: USC 4th, OSU 6th

The preseason USA Today college football poll is out. I don't get into any other preseason polls much, simply because they don't affect the BCS standings. This is the coaches' poll, the biggie, that makes up one-third of the BCS formula.

So, if you're not inclined to follow the link, I'll tell you Florida is No. 1, followed by Texas, Oklahoma, Southern California, Alabama, and then Ohio State at No. 6.

No shock, the three teams returning Heisman Trophy candidates at quarterback are your top three, followed by two other perennial powerhouses. My opinion is OSU is getting solid respect from the coaches here. Based on what you hear, the general public (and media) may have voted OSU a few spots lower.

USC obviously is OSU's highest ranked opponent. Penn State is next at No. 8, followed by Iowa at 21. The Buckeyes don't play Michigan State this year, but it was mildly surprising to see the Spartans ranked lower than Iowa (27th). The Big Ten media picked MSU to finish third in the conference.

i know other states think OSU is over rated, but i really think 'bama is overrated. The media loves to hate OSU because they've choked the past few times in big games... :( Just like every year I think we have a legitimate shot at the title this year. I'm also curious to see how much michigan improves this year too? And if Penn State can hang onto last years success. I'm hoping OSU can get back at USC this year in their matchup. Should be a good night game with plenty of viewers.

when most of the good games will be on TV anyway I'll let you have the crowds of a-holes.... I hate people.... especially lots of people... (one more reason for me to not have firearms..) I'll enjoy the games from the seclusion of my favorite bar or home....