Stoner OUT for Moto GP :(

Dubguy85

Jesus....who lit the fuse on your tampon?

You said you hoped it was something viral. I merely mentioned that the hiv was, in fact, a virus.

You can skew the results all you want, but the cause of death is the cause of death, even if someone had the hiv. Just for shits and giggles, if a dude with the hiv gets run over by a bus is it still the hiv that killed him?

For what its worth, I have absolutely NO self esteem issues. I'm quite pleased with what I've accomplished in my life, who I am, where I live, etc. Say what you want, but based on the fact that you responded tells me that you at least care enough about what others think of you to craft that "witty" response.

Todd a person getting killed by a bus is like comparing apples to oranges. The reason a person with pneumonia or the flu that dies can be a direct result of AIDS is b/c AIDS lowers your CD4 count to the point you have no immune system to fight the virus like a normal healthy person like you and I could. That's why the elderly and young children were the main patient populations expiring from the swine flu.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Todd a person getting killed by a bus is like comparing apples to oranges. The reason a person with pneumonia or the flu that dies can be a direct result of AIDS is b/c AIDS lowers your CD4 count to the point you have no immune system to fight the virus like a normal healthy person like you and I could. That's why the elderly and young children were the main patient populations expiring from the swine flu.

Woah...woah....woah....

You're the one mixing apples and oranges. I mentioned HIV, not aids. Now, it may be true that everyone with aids has the hiv, its not true that everyone with the hiv has aids (think magic johnson here).

I'm quite certain that Magic has had the flu a time or two in the years that he's had the hiv, but it hasn't killed him. I'm guessing he's not the only one.

Try again.

Woah...woah....woah....

You're the one mixing apples and oranges. I mentioned HIV, not aids. Now, it may be true that everyone with aids has the hiv, its not true that everyone with the hiv has aids (think magic johnson here).

I'm quite certain that Magic has had the flu a time or two in the years that he's had the hiv, but it hasn't killed him. I'm guessing he's not the only one.

Try again.

Oh Todd silly guy! HIV ALWAYS turns into AIDS. Eventually the antivirals, protease inhibitors, etc. stop working. HIV is a very smart virus. HIV has turned from an acute illness into more of a chronic illness but nevertheless the end result is always the same. A person's ability to get sick with HIV is dependant upon their viral load, CD4 count, and other things. So yes I was comparing apples to apples. If stoner has been this sick for this long from "HIV" I can assure you he is in the AIDS category for the moment if that was what he really has contracted.

You were challenging my knowledge base about what I was referencing. I may not know much about some things but I have studied a few medical books in my time and taken care of a few patients in my short life span thus far. I think we just need to agree to disagree as always. You don't like me that's apparent. I told you I didn't care but please lets just drop this sir. ;)

Oh Todd silly guy! HIV ALWAYS turns into AIDS.

Really? So if someone with the hiv gets run over by bus, shot to death, catches the flu (swine, bird, or whatever) while he was still taking the "antivirals, and protease inhibitors" did the hiv turn into aids?

My Grandmother told me at a very young age "there are two words you shouldn't use - always, and never". I guess that wasn't in your "medical books".

Internet cop no, that's just silly. He's more the kind of cop that shows up at your door and you think he's real until he whips out a boombox and you realize he's wearing breakaway pants. True story.

Sounds like there's a story there. A gay story, but a story none the less.

:lol: you seem to forget im in EVERY thread ;)

(and i can only think two threads)

Oh yeah...forgot that. :D

I am willing to offer support to his wife in her time of need.

here is picture of her that I stalked from moto gp last year....

DSCN2192-1.jpg

Yeah, you meant that the hiv kills. Got news for ya...flu kills more people in the USA than the hiv. But you already knew that, right? I mean you are in the health care field, right?

Oh and the cupcake thing? It really wasn't a compliment

Todd I know that Influenza AND PNA (pneumonia) combined is the 8th leading cause of death per the CDC. I do know what mortality rates are. That is basic medicine but you have to take into account the amount of those pneumonia cases that were a direct result of AIDS, etc. Plus you only wrote the "swine" flu. The swine flu has not killed more people that AIDS. So if you want to continue to lay on the condescention then bring it on. If you haven't noticed this is an online forum and your words of "encouragement" are not going to affect my medical knowledge base, my career choice, or my income. If you have issues with your self esteem and need to consistently critisize others then that is your choice. But let it be known that I don't care what you think of me sir. And FYI...I was being extremely facetious with the "cupcake" comment. I don't need your compliments. I get enough from others that truly care about me. :D
Woah...woah....woah....

Try again.

Oh Todd silly guy! HIV ALWAYS turns into AIDS. Eventually the antivirals, protease inhibitors, etc. stop working. HIV is a very smart virus. HIV has turned from an acute illness into more of a chronic illness but nevertheless the end result is always the same. A person's ability to get sick with HIV is dependant upon their viral load, CD4 count, and other things. So yes I was comparing apples to apples. If stoner has been this sick for this long from "HIV" I can assure you he is in the AIDS category for the moment if that was what he really has contracted.

You were challenging my knowledge base about what I was referencing. I may not know much about some things but I have studied a few medical books in my time and taken care of a few patients in my short life span thus far. I think we just need to agree to disagree as always. You don't like me that's apparent. I told you I didn't care but please lets just drop this sir. ;)

:popcorn: I do have a Ph.D in molecular virology.......entertainment for me......:lol:

:popcorn: I do have a Ph.D in molecular virology.......entertainment for me......:lol:

thats really funny cuz i speak vagina........... i have actually ben referred to as the vagina wisperer. :lol:

(this has nothing to do with the conversation but i just wanted to toss that out there ;))