M&P 40 question

alab32

I have an M&P 40 full size and I am having some issues with it. After about 30 rounds the slide is very sticky. I can "feel" it come back and go fwd every shot. Sometimes it sticks to the point of jamming. I have used multiple different rounds in it, i have cleaned and cleaned and cleaned a bit more. I have yet to see any burrs or blemishes in the weapon at all. Has anyone had/heard of this problem with these guns? S&W are usually pretty good guns but i wouldnt reccommend this to anyone after dealing with this. Any help? Thanks in advance.

I have an M&P 40 full size and I am having some issues with it. After about 30 rounds the slide is very sticky. I can "feel" it come back and go fwd every shot. Sometimes it sticks to the point of jamming. I have used multiple different rounds in it, i have cleaned and cleaned and cleaned a bit more. I have yet to see any burrs or blemishes in the weapon at all. Has anyone had/heard of this problem with these guns? S&W are usually pretty good guns but i wouldnt reccommend this to anyone after dealing with this. Any help? Thanks in advance.

Wow ,That gun got gun of the year 2times or some shit I'm sure S&W dealer could help you out. Stupid ,but are you leave your mags always full of rounds and letting them sit for a long time?

I leave them loaded for a while then unload them and take the springs out reload them and what not. I dont want the springs to be weak but since i carry often, almost every day, i usually leave them loaded. The main reason i dont think this is the issue is because i fired the weapon the day i bought it and it did it then. I dont get it. I have shot a lot of guns in many different situations and havent had this issue before. I dont know...

Im game for trying to pump mass amount of rounds through it! :D The feed ramp is also in perfect condition. It feels like the slide itself. But the first 15 rounds are awesome! No complaints. Its starts after like 30 rounds. Really annoying.

What sort of lube are you using?

I kept mine bone dry and never had this issue. Is this a duty weapon? They can put a rush on fixing if it is.. There is an M&P web forum as well try looking around on there for an answer too.

All else fails you could call over to the City of Columbus range here, the guys there would probably do a back flip for you to fix it hah. You would have to drive over but usually theyre more than willing to help. Just call and ask for the number to ordnance. They fixed my M&P when it had the stupid mag drop problem.

No, storing mags with compressed springs does not. This is a common myth. Spring steel is affected by compression and decompression (loading and unloading).

+1

S&W has very good customer service. Give them a call. If they can't help over the phone they will fix if for free (unless you caused some damage).

You know better weakens the magspring.:mad:

Bullshit.... Its been proved 100 million times that its better to leave them loaded.. they weaken from loading and unloading. Thats how springs work.

As far as your M&P goes. you may have some shards of brass from the rounds causing binding somewhere or else you may have something that has become bent and is rubbing. If you were closer I would have a look at it for you. Tear it apart and inspect it closely everywhere.

I kept mine bone dry and never had this issue. Is this a duty weapon? They can put a rush on fixing if it is.. There is an M&P web forum as well try looking around on there for an answer too.

All else fails you could call over to the City of Columbus range here, the guys there would probably do a back flip for you to fix it hah. You would have to drive over but usually theyre more than willing to help. Just call and ask for the number to ordnance. They fixed my M&P when it had the stupid mag drop problem.

They will do this for the general public too? If so, that's awesome.

No, storing mags with compressed springs does not. This is a common myth. Spring steel is affected by compression and decompression (loading and unloading).

SO TRUE.

RemOil.

:nono: Sounds like you may be over lubricating it

you need to use a bit of grease on the slide rails, locking block, barrel and a dab on the frame. i use gun butter (insert jokes here)

Its not a duty weapon at the moment. Just a personal weapon. As for the lube, not over lubing it thats for sure. I got light on lube for many reasons. Its certainly not a .50 cal. ha ha. Ill try no lube next time i shoot it and see what i can do. Thanks for all the help guys.