Artfibras Fender eliminator for a 06 599

Gump

• 1 month later...

begin teardown...remove seat, side covers, grab bar, remove tail light wires, remove 599 cowling pull up exhaust side then slide to the rear, remove tail light assy-there are four screws 0913091132.jpg

Edited by Gump

remove the two light bulb sockets and place the led board into the housing..the rubber orings supplied go on top as seen in picture.0913091208.jpgreplace the lens cover

Edited by Gump

drill a small hole below the light socket to route the two remaining wires thru...i think they say leave out the light socket to route the wires thru but i'd rather put the other light socket back in to prevent it from getting flooded0913091221.jpg

put the lock into the sucky hole provided by Artfibras. it is a stretch and i don't know why they put it there. it rubs on the bike frame a bit. i had to bend the bracket a tad.0913091152.jpg0913091147a.jpg

clip the wire connects off of the original tailight and wire them where they need to go on the two integrated wires then throw the cowling back on. The tray they give you sits as shown.0913091343.jpg

0913091343a.jpgi did not use the resistors that came with the integrated tail light. they are not needed and if you do install they get very hot. All they do is slow down the blink. I did not use the bracket that Artfibras supplied. the holes did not line up with the license plate or any other holes? Must be for a european plate? Over all i'm happy with it. All the nuts and bolts used were from the original shovel. Edited by Gump

nice write up, how come it took so long to ship? did you buy it from europe? They love naked streetbikes over there... when I had my zr7s that was the only place I could find aftermarket parts for it...

Yes from Artfibras in europe somewhere. Only one i could find i liked. I think there might be one other undertail available for it but i can't remember the name.