School me on the cbr

Countryboy88

The only schools we offer here are riding schools. And you have to go to Cinci to take those.

I take that back, the Coshocton guys do teach a course on how to crash, also. That one is free.

lulz

we will even pick your bike up and dust you off free of charge. :cool:

we will even pick your bike up and dust you off free of charge. :cool:

Sometimes, if you're really lucky, popsicles will be had.

Seriously though, it all comes down to maintenance. Depending on the mods, some will lengthen the bike lifespan, some will shorten the hell out of it. If you are going to get a bike that's been modded to hell and are unsure of it's mechanical integrity, have a mechanic or someone who you implicitly trust that has moto modding experience to look it over. Unless you rip that thing apart before you buy it (good luck trying to do that) there are a lot of things you might miss that the mech would pick up on. As far as maintenance goes, get a list of the maintenance that should have been done and ask which ones have been completed, then attempt to verify either through records or visually. Either they did the maintenance as required, they skimped out (walk away), or they told you they did and BSed you when you see they didn't (run away).

theyre good and go forever .... only problem is when theyre wheelied for long stretches without over filling the oil the number 3 rod starts making funny noises and you have to put straight 50weight oil in it and trade it in fast .......... so ive been told

theyre good and go forever .... only problem is when theyre wheelied for long stretches without over filling the oil the number 3 rod starts making funny noises and you have to put straight 50weight oil in it and trade it in fast .......... so ive been told

Sounds like you are talking from experience. :D

I've had mine for a few years now and it has been nothing but a pleasure to own and ride. One thing specifically you should take note of is the cam tensioner. They are apparently a common failure on these bikes. Symptom of one on its way out is typically a "chattering" noise at idle and light acceleration.

Awaiting a list of mods and main. records from the seller.

It's very possible that they did their own maintenance, which makes it all the more important to have someone there who knows what the hell they're looking for.