Adjusting peg height? sv650s

Radio Flyer

I don't know for sure due to I don't have stock rear sets anymore. I just looked at the manual and it looks like the rear brake lever is held on by a snap ring. I would imagine take the snap ring off and the lever should be splined? If so Move it where you want and you might have to work with your pressure switch to keep it aligned right and actuating when it supposed to.

For the shifter there is the shift linkage going there is the splined counter shaft with a coupling and a 10 mm jam bolt. You will have to loosen the jam bolt, slide off the coupling and adjust it to the height you want. Then you going to have to play with the linkage to get everything back to as parallel as possible.

Mind you I don't have stock rear sets any more and I'm going off memory and looking at pictures in the manual. I didn't see anything like a how to, but looking at pictures to get an idea. Plus I never adjusted mine when I had them. So don't take what I'm saying as it's going to work but that's where I would start. As long as you keep track of where and how you take things apart you should be able to put things back the way they should be if it doesn't work. If not Pm Zach. He has been in the Sv world much longer than I have. Jagr might have some insight also.

Here are some worthwhile links to have.

http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=54588

http://thepiratebay.org/search/sv650/0/99/0

Good Luck

Edited by Lost1888