Wierd noses starting from stop or VERY low speed

Likwid

I know someone's going to make fun of me for describing in terms of sounds but oh well.

When starting from a stop at very low speed I can hear what SOUNDS like a mix of scraping and a car when it's about to stall, until I start going faster.

I'm having trouble telling if it's because I'm not giving enough throttle, because as soon as I give it more throttle I can't hear the noise anymore.

Any thoughts? Chain may be a little more slack, but not banging on anything.

may need a new chain. Try douching with lube, but may need to be replaced. How old is the chain?

Not going to like the answer. I don't know. Could be the original chain, could be replaced 3500 miles ago (before I got the bike).

At minimum 3,500 miles, more than likely more, since it wasn't really clean when I got it... argh, new chain and sprocket kits?

Hmmm the scraping could be just the brakes rubbing. I'm assuming it's not really loud and metalic sounding.

It happens when no brake applied... could the brakes still rub? Pads are pretty new, so it's not the "low brake pad" noise.

I've heard some rub especially when they are new and mostly on cruisers where they more noticieable. Just throwing it out there as something to look at.

Brake quiet would certainly be cheaper as a first step than replacing the chain and sprockets.

Srsly, sprockets look very good, no unusual wear.

If your chain looks a lil rusty, Id say replace it. You can fondle it a little too and make sure its moving freely

It's due for another cleaning, but last time I cleaned it and lubed the O seals I didn't see any rust, but I could fondle it some more.

Lacking this, any other thoughts?

Comments in blue

Brakes rubbing due to small amounts of rust caused by high humidity.

It would go away after a little while of riding.

Happens all the time

Or is this all the time at slow speeds?

Only low speeds, although, I think I hear a similar noise if I upshift WAY above where I should be (ie 5th at 25) and then blip the throttle

Something stuck in the brakes?

Don't think so

Chain? Bearings?

Bearings? What are dem? lol, how would I check?

IDK, hard to say.

Agreed, I need someone to hear it methinks