Stillman

Clifford Automotive

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recon, I think you whites need to pop a bit more, but otherwise pretty good.

yeah, noticed that after I posted...

Those monitor temps? We still keep some old IBM 21 inch monitors alive at work. Pretty hard to beat those for viewing true color balance.

But basically, nobody cares anymore.

Edited by ReconRat

I take it that B&W coarse didnt go to far?

Graduate level photography? 500 and 600 level courses?

The professor was world famous and hammered us with 256 zone...

We're talking about something I did (gets calculator) 37 years ago.

He had so much practice, he could just look and point right at a single missing grey, I swear.

But actually we were such newbs, the errors were easy for him to see.

He amused me. He demanded we all shoot nudes. Pretty much that is no longer politically correct.

Graduate level photography? 500 and 600 level courses?

The professor was world famous and hammered us with 256 zone...

We're talking about something I did (gets calculator) 37 years ago.

He had so much practice, he could just look and point right at a single missing grey, I swear.

But actually we were such newbs, the errors were easy for him to see.

He amused me. He demanded we all shoot nudes. Pretty much that is no longer politically correct.

I dont see how a professor could teach 256 zones 37 years ago. I catch your drift on the rest.

I wouldn't say Nude are not PC...I view many photographers work of G&N on a daily basis. All beautiful work. Thats an Art.

This is funny... I tried searching the netz for 256 zone info... and the search engines are over whelmed with info about the new 256 zone TLL digital sensors. Can't get past it yet. (Which is even funnier, when I think of mil-spec hi-res digital reconnaissance and targeting systems I worked with decades before commercial digital cameras.)

For info on 256 zone B&W photography, I have to suggest books from the library on basic or advanced photography. And preferably an old book, that might still have that information in it. I had no idea that 256 zone photography information had been discarded, but I get that impression. Regardless, the science is based on 256 zone sensing and manipulation. Photoshop uses 256 zone algorithms also.

Well, since everyone else is getting involved, I decided to give it a shot. I just got Photoshop a few weeks ago, so be gentle.

lol... ewww

Just to be annoying, I'll admit I am not using PhotoChop, I'm using an experimental beta program written by nerds at MIT.

Does someone have a good chroma key tool? There's a guy in the U.K. who sells a tip for $30 British Pounds. It's a two minute trick and I'm not paying him.

I'm trying out Photoshop plug-in Primatte and it's OK, but it's also $150 for just the plug.

Does someone have a good chroma key tool? There's a guy in the U.K. who sells a tip for $30 British Pounds. It's a two minute trick and I'm not paying him.

I'm trying out Photoshop plug-in Primatte and it's OK, but it's also $150 for just the plug.

I remember you mentioned that. All I can find real quick is an older copy of a plugin called Recomposit 1.9 ..... dunno

Reduction or Additional?

If your looking for software for blue and green screens than Primatte is probably the best there is right now. If it's not chroma key and you want software or a plugin to pull from regular backgrounds than something like Fluid Mask may work better.

Ha, I just finally looked at the original pictures on page 1 on my home computer and WOW, its amazing what a calibrated monitor does.

Number 1 reason I dont edit pictures at my shop!

Good man, I'm glad you double checked them from a non greenscreen monitor :-D

Have fun and keep it reals yo. (it's raining again, I'm bored)

Good man, I'm glad you double checked them from a non greenscreen monitor :-D

Have fun and keep it reals yo. (it's raining again, I'm bored)

I was in photobucket at home and noticed the colors were way out. When I clicked to enlarge I was like...HOLY SHIT! Went back to the shop and look at them there and they are perfect. Old ass monitor covered in over spray.