Berea Gun Show 8/22 and 8/23

Likwid

I haven't heard from my buddy yet, so I may be going solo on Saturday or Sunday morning.

Maybe I'll see you there, I'm looking at grabbing some cheap 9mm target ammo and some high quality hollow points while I'm there.

Possibly a holster too, but we'll see.

Will be going to try to sell a few guns. Most likely on sunday. I dont waste my time looking for ammo there anymore. Last time I was there they wanted two to three times the amount you can buy it for from anywhere else. Dicks has tons of ammo back on the self at both the north olmsted and parma town stores. THey had no hollow points for my .45 but had tons of fmj .45. also had about 20 boxes of 9mm and 40. As for prices best bet is wait for sunday about a hour before the show ends thats when people will deal. I got a galco leather iwb holster last time for 5 bucks and a new factory mag for my .45 for $15. I will be the guy walking around with a few rifles over his shoulder. The only thing that sucks is you cant carry at the show(no ccw allowed?)

Nation wide.. no guns allowed. It's mostly due to the vendors and their absentmindedness. A few people have been hurt when handed a loaded gun on accident.. sorry' date=' negligence.[/quote']

Yuck, it's always the minority of people (idiots) that dictate the rules the majority must follow...

It says no loaded firearms, so I suppose if there's no CPZ signs you could probably carry unloaded... my point of bringing was so I can try out a holster...

You can bring one unloaded, but they'll check it when you go in... they may even put a ziptie through the magazine and chamber to keep it from BEING loaded... but you should be able to try out holsters with it.

If not, some of the vendors may have plastic repli-guns for you to test the fitment.

All guns brought in to the show are zipped in one way or another. Either down the barrel, in the mag well. Bolts get zipped down on rifles. I took my .45 last time to fit holsters. Took it to get checked, they zipped it said thanks go ahead in, I walked around found a deal I liked and just removed the zip tie when I needed to. It will be interesting to see what they will make you do with a loaded ccw gun? Wonder if they will make you remove the mag and zip it or just remove the mag and clear the gun? Guess we will find out. I am also taking my mini 14 target model to possibly trade on a psl. Also looking to sell my model 60 22lr. So I will have three guns with me. Lots of zip ties to cut off LOL!

All guns brought in to the show are zipped in one way or another. Either down the barrel, in the mag well. Bolts get zipped down on rifles. I took my .45 last time to fit holsters. Took it to get checked, they zipped it said thanks go ahead in, I walked around found a deal I liked and just removed the zip tie when I needed to. It will be interesting to see what they will make you do with a loaded ccw gun? Wonder if they will make you remove the mag and zip it or just remove the mag and clear the gun? Guess we will find out. I am also taking my mini 14 target model to possibly trade on a psl. Also looking to sell my model 60 22lr. So I will have three guns with me. Lots of zip ties to cut off LOL!

Some of the restrictions I'm reading say you can't have on your person the gun and ammo,,, so I think the ziptie the gun, you leave the mag elsewhere.

Yo Likwid I think I'm'a roll out.

Bored this morning.

Only $6 for entrance? I'm there.

Sorry, didn't see this, I should have left my number.

One less building then I remember a few years back, but lots and lots of good deals, for the first year I wasn't looking for a pistol so I didn't pay close attention. Ammo was rediculously priced as s ST mentions (not 2-3x but usually $4-$6 more than at the store) However, I found Speer Gold Dot HP for $10 cheaper than the store so I jumped on that.

Other than that, got a holster, bore brush

Horrid.

Tons of ripoff artists this year.

One guy in the first pavillion was trying to sell an AMD-65 in decent condition for $900.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/411536917

:lol: I had to call him over to ask if it was an automatic and gave him a scolding when he said it wasn't. Jacking prices nearly 100% over retail, that's shameful.

Ammo prices were insane. $20 for a box of WWB 9mm :lol: It'd be comical if those people weren't still trying to predate on unknowledgable gun owners.

The only good deal I saw all day was $499 for a CX-4 Storm carbine... and perhaps the guy who was selling the FS2000 for $2000, considering those usually go for more than that.

Otherwise, to be avoided.

There was definitely people praying on the uneducated. Everytime I asked someone "how much for the 9mm? (WWB)" They'd say something rediculous like "20" or "25" I'd laugh and walk away.

Not a single one balked and said "ok 15"... 3 years ago they would have.

The small stuff was still decent deals, holsters cleaning supplies, got those for a fair price.

Anyway you get your free dip?

There was definitely people praying on the uneducated. Everytime I asked someone "how much for the 9mm? (WWB)" They'd say something rediculous like "20" or "25" I'd laugh and walk away.

Not a single one balked and said "ok 15"... 3 years ago they would have.

The small stuff was still decent deals, holsters cleaning supplies, got those for a fair price.

Anyway you get your free dip?

Nah I don't dip, but I saw the Grizzly tent.

That's the last thing I need. get a head rush on and yack on one of the barretts and come out in debt. :lol: