Global warming is a bunch of baloney

magley64

Is the planet becoming increasingly warmer due to the actions of humans.  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Is the planet becoming increasingly warmer due to the actions of humans.

• of course, Al Gore's slide show proved it.
    • No way, the planet does what it does, we do not have a major effect.
    • hookers
    • I live on mars

Conservationism = good

Environmentalism = bad

It is just a radical extreme' date=' no different than any other crazies, that convince people to change their lifestyles so others can profit. They point the finger at 'big oil' and then do the exact same thing when they turn the corner. They are all fucking liars and crooks. I say we kill 'em all.[/quote']can we do it with ball bats and barbed wire???

Conservationism = good

Environmentalism = bad

It is just a radical extreme, no different than any other crazies, that convince people to change their lifestyles so others can profit. They point the finger at 'big oil' and then do the exact same thing when they turn the corner. They are all fucking liars and crooks. I say we kill 'em all.

I agree with Papa and Obese man.

"green" in my industry went by the way side when the economy took a dump. the only one paying attention to it are government offices then you tell me how a green labeled shop vac is better than a non-green labeled shop vac. one company paid for the seal the other didn't. it is a racket.

kinda like ISO certification...What group of dudes got together and came with this thing. You tell us how you do things and document it and we'll certify you, charge you a bunch of money and then tell other people they need to be certified to do business with you.

i think we are partly heating the place up. you can't create so much heat from cars & air conditioners et cetera and expect nothing to happen. We keep cutting things down everywhere and can't seem to leave anything alone.

Take bears in Ohio. There arn't more bears. Less land so you see more or where they lived before is no longer suitable. Take 100 acres of woods & count the deer. Take 100 acres of houses and woods . See where you count more. This theory excludes over hunting.

They will squeeze every dime out of oil before there is a real change. For something made millions of years ago that won't happen again maybe for millions of years I'd say $2.50 a gallon is a good deal.

We need to stop making so many kids.

Problem solved.

btw, the same scientists that claim global warming, were claiming global ice age not long ago. The global ice age is indeed late in getting here. Since they are mostly academics in universities, they require funding to survive. There is no funding for investigating global ice age, only global warming...

edit: If the planet is warming, and an ice age is coming... we should just consider ourselves darn lucky...

Read a history book guys, the dinosaurs are dead because they drove around SUVs and didn't listen to the warnings. Lets not end up like them. For example I save several gallons of water a day by either peeing in the shower or outside in the lawn

I went to the Greene shopping mall the other day (like Easton) and in the mens bathroom they had a "green" urinal that didnt use water, and it was basically like peeing in a porcelain hole and there was some placard saying how it would save 4000 gallons of water per year or something? Anyways, I was disturbed that the green movement has superseded the "i like to be clean and not get splashback from the previous guys urine" movement.

Global warming is a gimmick. End of story.

Being green IS good. As stated earlier in this thread (sorry, I'm too lazy to go back ana see who said what) air and water quality is MUCH better than in the 70's. I was born in the early 70's and remember living down the street from a factory, and the smell was horrid! Now it's barely noticeable (probably since most of the manufacturing has gone to Mexico, or china, but that's a whole other topic) when I've been back in that neighborhood.

I see nothing wrong with being green to save a buck or two, but when it costs more to be green than to not, someone had better get to work on it, or I will choose not!

I use the compact flourescent light bulbs. It took me a while, and moving into a house that already had several, before I made this move. If you buy the right ones, they put off nearly the same light as an incadescent, using much less electricity.

More fuel efficient vehicles, I see no problem with this either, as long as people buy them when they would be buying a new vehicle anyway, and not spend any more for the vehgicle than they would anyway. Hybrids are pretty close to a loss, dollar wise, when compared to the equivalent non hybrid. People need to quit listening to marketing, and politicians and think for themselves!

/rant

I went to the Greene shopping mall the other day (like Easton) and in the mens bathroom they had a "green" urinal that didnt use water, and it was basically like peeing in a porcelain hole and there was some placard saying how it would save 4000 gallons of water per year or something? Anyways, I was disturbed that the green movement has superseded the "i like to be clean and not get splashback from the previous guys urine" movement.

You made me think about peeing...

In Europe, where houses can be up to 600 years old, indoor plumbing is a home improvement. Not that they would use it, it seems they prefer peeing on the street. In Asia, peeing in the street is the first choice, and sewage often runs above ground in a covered vented gutter. If they even bother with that at all. And which often collapses when stepped on. So no one ever steps on that damn gutter stone.

So are they greener?

Yeah..... or like last night were I slept with a comforter. Its august for gods sake!!!!!!!! Course, the ones that spout the most about global warming (gore) still blast from one side of the country to the other in their private jet. IF its supposed to be that bad you think captain tree would take a smart car.