Lowering w/o links

Looney

I have a 2K1 R6. It was lowered when I got it. After a couple looked under it, it doesn't appear to have lowering links. My question is how can you lower the back w/o links, and how hard might it be to restore it back to stock?

Thanks in advance. :siterocks:

Edited by BornSinner

I have a 2K1 R6. It was lowered when I got it. After a couple looked under it, it doesn't appear to have lowering links. My question is how can you lower the back w/o links, and how hard might it be to restore it back to stock?

Thanks in advance. :siterocks:

Take some pictures....

It has to have some kind of Dogbone

Take some pictures....

It has to have some kind of Dogbone

That depends on the shock that is on it. Shocks can be extended or screwed in to raise and lower ride height. Most people would just dog bone it but I adjust ride height on my 750 using the shock as due racers.

Adjusting the shock can give anywhere from 1"- maybe 2".

Its the Tri-angle looking bracket.....that is your dogbone.....Yamis have tri-angle bones not links.....

So all I need to do is an OEM bone and have it installed, and be done with it?

Sounds good, thanks fellas.

That depends on the shock that is on it. Shocks can be extended or screwed in to raise and lower ride height. Most people would just dog bone it but I adjust ride height on my 750 using the shock as due racers.

Adjusting the shock can give anywhere from 1"- maybe 2".

Adjusting the height with your shock is not the best way to go about it. You are adjusting height to an extent, but what you are really adjusting is preload on your spring. Adjusting your preload to the extent of raising or lowering your bike 1-2 inches could prove dangerous on the wrong road. There are adjustable lowering links out there that would be much better suited for height adjustment than your shock. Just wouldn't want others to implement this method causing themself injury.