MSF Basic Rider Course Eval & the elusive neutral "my nemesis"

socaln8tv

Like me.. I'm going to be skipping out on my slot in October near Cincy. I took the course from a Harley dealership because it was 2 months sooner.. means 2 more months of riding!

Make sure you get your refund! They'll give your money back until 48 hours before the class starts! In fact, someone I know gave up their spot, then 1 quick phone call and my wife had that spot!

I would suspect the "chunky black boots" had something to do with your problems finding the neutral position. ;) But at least you were super stylin, the only thing better would have been "chunky white boots" aka super baller.

Glad you passed the MSF is a good course i recommend to everyone

Good to know people take the course out here or is it mandatory? I have taken the thing four times now and the experienced and sport bike riders course once each. They are the fun classes if they are offered out here. Good job finishing in the crappy weather.

thank you G for kudos on the weather tolerance. im a big baby generally, but not when it comes to riding. :p

Don't think the world is going to end because you can't find neutral.

99.9% of the time on the street, you'll never use neutral.

There's no law that says you have to park it in neutral, despite what the MSF instructors insist on. Just make sure that when you are parking in gear to remember to pull in the clutch or else you'll be going places you didn't want to go when you start it up.

It's only when you discover neutral when you were looking for second on the road when it's an issue. We've all done that before, just don't flip out when it happens.

yeah, the instructor said the same thing. but when it happens to you at your bike at home, one starts to think the problem is personal rather than the bike itself. also, staying in clutched in first at stops/intersections is agreeably ok for potential reactionary measures.

I would suspect the "chunky black boots" had something to do with your problems finding the neutral position. ;) But at least you were super stylin, the only thing better would have been "chunky white boots" aka super baller.

Glad you passed the MSF is a good course i recommend to everyone

couldnt agree more on the boots and the soreness in my foot. it was rediculous. i would never wear these boots on a regular riding day, only did so cause its the only thing that covers my ankle.:o