FS: '08 Ninja 250

demitrix

Yeah, i looked at trading it in before selling and thats the number they gave me, so if they are giving me $2800 they are gonna want atleast $3000 for it plus the taxes the buyer would pay putting it back up to $3500 again. I feel that $3000 is a fair price all things considered.

Umm, you pay taxes on a private sale too. Taxes on $3000 are $202, plus 5 bucks for title transfer. The only thing you don't pay on a private sale are dealer "doc fees", but there are plenty of intangibles that a dealer sale provides and a private one does not such as inspections, fixing broken parts so it's in resellable condition, and most importantly, accountability in case there are hidden issues and things aren't as advertised.

That being said, you are not a dealer. Unless you find a mark, you aren't getting $3000 for that bike.

It really doesn't matter what blue book is. You could get more, you could get less. Things are worth what people will pay for them. I've sold a car for more than what I bought it for, a year after I bought it, thousands above blue book, just because they were in demand. Maybe you'll get $3k, but be prepared to wait another month or two.