We're here in indy!

mrmako777

Is it huge?

Well last time I was asked that it was asked by a female. And the answer this time is the same as last time, and it was a yes!

But in all seriousness if I complain about focal length you can sincerely give me a swift kick in the groin! But it's only a rental and has it has to eventually go back :(

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the motogp. Are they using 1000cc motorcycles?

MotoGP bikes are a one-of-a-kind prototype in which every part is custom made. It's nearly impossible to put a value on a GP motorcycle - though one way to get an idea is to take a look at what it would cost to lease one from a manufacturer: it is said to be in the neighborhood of $3 million a year. They're the best 2 wheel machines on the planet.

THE IDIOT’S GUIDE TO MOTOGP: How to increase costs and decrease speed (Part II) SpeedTV.com Moto GP News 3 January 2006. "The move to four strokes meant that Japanese R & D departments could finally get back to blue sky engineering, building racing prototypes for the sole purpose of racing. It meant that costs of leased machines increased exponentially too. When the new rules were first adopted teams were told to expect modest increases in lease costs of 25% to 33%. Add a zero and you have the real increase…the days of the $800,000 to 1.2 million dollar lease have given way to a price tag of somewhere between 3 and 3.5 million (depending upon the level of machine and the amount of spares and maintenance included) for a couple of RC211V for a single rider.

They are more than what what 1000cc machine can do...they are incredible.

Edited by NinjaNick

All I can say is that last night had a little bit of everything and was an absolute blast. So here I sit in the stands still shaking the fog from my brain and looking forward to this evenings adventures.