HNN - Summit Motorsports Park - Wednesday night (09/02/2009)

Disclaimer

Kosmo... when you get there... just tell them you're racing so you get an ET card. That way if you change your mind you can race.

Even if you don't... you can take a few time trials down the track before the racing starts.

Just as a reminder - $12 (cash), race or watch.

...and $1 for the pound of ice cream special for dinner.

Edited by JRMMiii

Kosmo... when you get there... just tell them you're racing so you get an ET card. That way if you change your mind you can race.

Even if you don't... you can take a few time trials down the track before the racing starts.

Just as a reminder - $12 (cash), race or watch.

...and $1 for the pound of ice cream special for dinner.

You can get timed even if you decide not to race? Like if I just want to see how my bike does in the 1/4 mile but I don't want to go against the tree I can?

EEE....HAW.....will do.......I have never staged a bike on a dragstrip.......either I will go in red or I will wait on green until someone yells at me "fuck....go...asshole"

That was my thought!

Well, since you can't seem to fit a drag racing night into your schedule...

You might as well paint your bike yellow because I think you're pissing in your pants worried about running against the 'busa.

Okay fucktard....lets get it on! As long as I don't get slammed this afternoon with support calls I'll head out with you. Need time and meet spot.

You can get timed even if you decide not to race? Like if I just want to see how my bike does in the 1/4 mile but I don't want to go against the tree I can?

Yes, lanes will be open for ALL from 5:30 to 7:30 (or 8, depending on the crowd). If it's $12 to race or watch anyway, why not leave the option open to make a couple passes? If you want to make first round eliminations fine, if not, just don't roll into the lanes when they call for the bike class.

Or, you could race me first round and just hand me the win for that round ;):p.

You will need a helmet, gloves, and a long sleeve "jacket" (which, sweatshirts seem to be acceptable) :rolleyes: - though not recommended.

You can either be at my place, or the Subway on the corner of Chestnut Ridge & Rt. 57.

Say... 4:45?

I could manage that. It all hinges on how this afternoon goes. I'll probably need some go-go juice but we could get that on the way out.

I'll meet you at your place.

Mad props to r1crusher and Kosmo for making it out to the track with me and hanging with me for the evening even after they were done racing.

Kosmo popped a bunch of his cherries tonight (1st trip to Norwalk, first time down a dragstrip, first round win).

Actually all three of us were round one winners. :D Good times fellas!

haha.....popping cherry except hookers and blow......I had a blast.....great times jrmmiii and r1crusher......I will do a detail soon with shitty cellphone pictures......and in return mad props to jrmmiii for teaching a moron "quarter mile 101"........great learning......great time........can't wait to go again....:D

did I say that the engineer from elyria won again and took a trophy (it's really nice) home.........:trophy:

Edited by Kosmo

Given the fact that he's on a bike with the wheelbase of a Freightliner truck he could launch harder out of the hole than I could. If I could have gotten my 60' times down I would have been right there with him. We were trapping about the same speeds, I just couldn't get off the line well enough and keep the front down for the first couple gears.

I got skooled by a 9 second bike at the line and lost by .078 and then the same guy redlights in the next round...bastard. He cut a .006 light to my .166. I had cut some .1XX lights last night, just not good enough then.

We all had a good time though, I counted slips and I made 11 or so passes including eliminations.

Edited by r1crusher

Ohh yea, and lest we forget the guy that went down on a 1990 CBR1000F.

cbr1000f-90a.jpg

Just picture a n00b guy (probably late 40s, n00b) popping the clutch over and over, the bike bucking like a bronco, then eventually throwing him off and skidding down the track on it's right side fairings. For those wondering - No, he didn't last the full 8 seconds.

That's probably the first and only time I'll ever witness a guy dump a bike off the start on the dragstrip.

I knew it was going to be a rough night for him when I stopped to talk with him (since I used to have my '87 Hurricane) and he says, "Wow, when I pulled up last round I didn't realize how hard it was [to race, launch, shift, go in a straight line]". He just got the bike and it was his first time to the strip. He didn't really have the type of personality to be on a bike.

Edited by JRMMiii