Blue Ridge Parkway

jnor

Just got back from riding the parkway yesterday....We took 4 days to get to Cherokee. We've rode the parkway many times, but never taken time to stop, and look at stuff.........Great week of riding, lots of good roads off of the parkway also !!!

The FJR was great, I love it...not so much at first, but after owning it a year, and 10K miles it fits me perfect.....145 HP, good ergo's , good handling, and storage...

If you haven't ridden the parkway it's a "must do" for a motorcyclist IMO, it's not a "racetrack", but unbelievable scenery, and lots of great "twistie" roads off of it.....

Edited by jnor

Just got back from riding the parkway yesterday....We took 5 days to get to Cherokee. We've rode the parkway many times, but never taken time to stop, and look at stuff.........Great week of riding, lots of good roads off of the parkway also !!!

The FJR was great, I love it...not so much at first, but after owning it a year, and 10K miles it fits me perfect.....145 HP, good ergo's , good handling, and storage...

If you haven't ridden the parkway it's a "must do" for a motorcyclist IMO, it's not a "racetrack", but unbelievable scenery, and lots of great "twistie" roads off of it.....

Sounds like a blast!

Scenery is better on a bike than in a car.

Got any pics?

Sounds like the FJR has really grown on you.

You got over that "top heavy" feeling you had with it and now like it.

Good recommendation for the bike. Looks like a nice hiway bike.

I rode the parkway with my father about 12 yrs ago, great time and had a blast! I would like to do it again with my bike now, as I'm sure I can really have fun. You are right about the race track comment, the cops are bad in a few areas!

Glad you had a fun/safe trip