Back from the dentist.. numb like WOAH.

DGTL GRL

:microwave:

Currently drowsy as hell and numb to the point I cant feel my chin or my bottom lip. I brushed my hand against what I eventually figured out was my chin and thought at first it was my bottom lip.

So, I guess there was a reason my last dentist said to up the flossing. Helps to prevent those lovely cavities between the teeth.

11 fillings and over $1300 (I paid $467 thus far due to insurance) later LESSON LEARNED.

Oh, that was kind of interesting when they shocked my tongue when she was injecting the numbing stuff into my cheeks. :p

Don't look like QSL is in the cards for me tonight.

After all this numbness wears off and the pain kicks in I've got Bacardi Limon to keep company.

:givemebeer:

Is that what the shock to my tongue was?

Yah, I asked about it. The nerves for your bottom row of teeth and your tongue are very close together so it's very easy to "hit" the group of nerves that goes to both. All dentists try to avoid it, but there's only so much they can do.

So when they inject the nerves for the bottom row of teeth they sometimes catch the nerves for the tongue as well.

I have no dental training so I'm only relaying information.... in the picture below it looks like spot 20 is right around where it starts splitting

26-4_static.jpg.

Very educational. Thank you. :)

Darn it.. I'm starting to get hungry. I guess I'll drink some Bacardi Limon through a straw. :)

Oh, and I had a lovely experience a few minutes ago when I was just surfing my facebook and felt something wet hit the top of my hand.. yeah, it was my own drool. I had no idea I was a drooling mess. Yup. Lovely little numb freak over here. :)

My dentist did ask me if she shocked my tongue. I thanked her for knowing that she had done that because I thought if I'd said it she would think I was nutso.

She said that in dental school it happened to her in a clinical. The person administering the numbing agent was startled and about poked my now dentist in the face.

:microwave:

Currently drowsy as hell and numb to the point I cant feel my chin or my bottom lip. I brushed my hand against what I eventually figured out was my chin and thought at first it was my bottom lip.

So, I guess there was a reason my last dentist said to up the flossing. Helps to prevent those lovely cavities between the teeth.

11 fillings and over $1300 (I paid $467 thus far due to insurance) later LESSON LEARNED.

Oh, that was kind of interesting when they shocked my tongue when she was injecting the numbing stuff into my cheeks. :p

Don't look like QSL is in the cards for me tonight.

After all this numbness wears off and the pain kicks in I've got Bacardi Limon to keep company.

:givemebeer:

holy shit...i just sent a toothbrush, floss and toothpaste to your home.