Apartment troubles... again... wtf.

OsuMj

"I will SHIT in your MOUTH."

That usually leaves a good impression on people.

im going to make you eat my shit. then shit out my shit and eat your shit which is made up of my shit i made you eat.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would continue to stay there and clean it , take alot of pictures and put your rent in escrow , that way she cant lock you out , also call code enforcement as suggested in previous post . you can also stay at hotel and have her pay in a small claims suit , been there done that . Also you can file compaint with FAB and BBB

federal adjustment bearu and better business . or you could just bitch slap her ass .

i wouldnt move though cause if you have a lease she can come after you for it and act like you defaulted .anyways good luck to you and if you need any help feel free to ask :)

put your rent money into escrow until everything is fixed. really though, since the landlord sounds like a total ass, just leave.

you go to OSU right? there is a free renters legal advice service there. you can go talk to them, and they will let you know what your rights are.

+1

Pay your rent to the courts. She only gets paid when she can prove to the court that she fixed everything. And you can probably squeeze some $$ out of her for damages, as well... she doesn't know if you've had to stayin a hotel for the last 12 days

pack your shit and move in with chris and I!! :D

Always recruiting!

If I get back from SF and my bathroom isn't done, that very well might happen.

Feel so sorry for Chris's gal. Two perty women in that house with him. Boys in trouble. :p

Weeell...Justin and I had a roommate move out last week...hmmm...:cool:

:nono::nono::nono:

most leases aren't worth the paper they're written on. how many small-time landlords are actually consulting a lawyer? virtually none, and you have undeniably good reason to break the lease anyway.

I have to question how pleasant the next 12 months of your life will be if you make your landlord's life miserable over this, so moving may be the best option.

you'd certainly win any legal proceedings, but that will cost you a bit up front, unless you can find a lawyer who will work on contingency, and take a percentage of your 'damages' off the top. But you're not really LOSING anything tangible right now. It's just annoying (until you ACTUALLY get a hotel).

Judge Joe Brown really may not be a bad move. As I understand those shows, they have a $5,000 "pot" up for grabs. you both agree that whatever judge joe decides is a reasonable and legally binding settlement, so you can't sue her for the same thing again, and tehn you basically argue over who gets the $5k. if you claim $3k in damages, adn are awarded $3k, both parties split the remaining $2k evenly. win/win in that regard.

I don't know who you're staying with now, but start writing them weekly rent checks. the canceled checks show you're being 'damaged' financially. your friend can just give you teh money back in cash, and then get a cut of judge joe's settlement.

it's a shitty situation over all, but i think being confrontational with the landlord will do you more harm than good...

Judge Joe Brown really may not be a bad move. As I understand those shows, they have a $5,000 "pot" up for grabs. you both agree that whatever judge joe decides is a reasonable and legally binding settlement, so you can't sue her for the same thing again, and tehn you basically argue over who gets the $5k. if you claim $3k in damages, adn are awarded $3k, both parties split the remaining $2k evenly. win/win in that regard.

$5,000 pot? I thought it was $5,000 max that you can sue for. Dont know that they split whats left??

I don't know who you're staying with now, but start writing them weekly rent checks. the canceled checks show you're being 'damaged' financially. your friend can just give you teh money back in cash, and then get a cut of judge joe's settlement.

excellent idea.

I would be dropping loaves 2-3 times a day in the lardlords yard and drivway till a Shitter is installed.

But you need to do something. I have sheds in better condition.

An old buddy of mine had the same problem and he just got a lawn chain with a hole in the bottom. I bet the neighbors all wondered whey they took turns reading the paper out in the driveway

Get out of those cheap Cardinal built single stories! The landlords suck, the design of the buildings suck, the construction of them sucks! get a real live apartment. Or a duplex with a garage. Your landlord is perfect! He's a fucking idiot, he's doing exactly what a fucking idiot does. You need to get with better people.

This is actually a really nice house in a really nice neighborhood. I was more than suprised to find it like this, because everything else in the neighborhood is so beautiful and well kept.

i would have said "yeah you know what annoys me? living in a filthy fucking aparment and not having a fucking toilet"

yeah, kinda what I said... slightly nicer, but not much!

Weeell...Justin and I had a roommate move out last week...hmmm...:cool:

and risk waking up in the middle of the night with you hovering over me? Thanks.... buuuuut.... :D

"I will SHIT in your MOUTH."

That usually leaves a good impression on people.

uh huh... I'll keep that in mind.

I've decided not to do any work for this broad.... she seems a bit wacked out....

:trophy: after I said something to you about it, I started to regret it bc with how shady she's been on this.

I would continue to stay there and clean it , take alot of pictures and put your rent in escrow , that way she cant lock you out , also call code enforcement as suggested in previous post . you can also stay at hotel and have her pay in a small claims suit , been there done that . Also you can file compaint with FAB and BBB

federal adjustment bearu and better business . or you could just bitch slap her ass .

i wouldnt move though cause if you have a lease she can come after you for it and act like you defaulted .anyways good luck to you and if you need any help feel free to ask :)

True story. I spoke to the free OSU law peeps and they said that I would have to give her a written notice saying that if the bathroom isn't done by a certain date, I would move out and expect my money back etc. Unfortunately, by the time I get back from my trip, the bathroom will be complete, so I don't have any way to break the contract without oweing her money.

HOWEVER, I found out that she hasn't paid like a year's worth of water bills and my water is supposed to be turned off on 10/1, so if that happens, rent is going into escrow! This is gonna be a fun year. :nono: